has any of u ever been brain washed by religion?

has any of u ever been brainwashed by such groups as pentecostals?

do u find similarities with repetitive therapy?

how did u cope with it? how did u get over it?

how did u deal with the delusions?

anyone who's had this kind of experience and managed to get out of it please answer. answers of homosexual people or other people who belong to the "sinfull" category will be mostly appreciated.

CJ why did u answer this question. how is your answer relevant to this question?

Grover says Hallowed be the Ori: i know you guys do

Kaz716: really low understanding

Favorite Answer

The other night I was feeling really depressed..

I was feeling so down that I didn't know what to do...

So I called the Help Line to talk to someone....

After a few minutes I was transferred to the Help Line Call Center....

In Pakistan....

I told them how I felt....

That I was feeling down....

And that I was suicidal.....

They got real excited....

And asked me....

If I could drive a truck......

• kaz716

I've been going to church all my life, and I've never known anyone who got brainwashed. How is it done? Do they use injections and electric shock or something? You have some experience with this?

And why are you picking on CJ? He is perfectly free to post a response to this question; it's relevant because it's related to religion. This IS an open forum and we live in a free country. (Do any of these phrases sound familiar?) I thought most Atheists already knew that.

Have a blessed day! :)

with or without faith a similar injustice, conflict, crime, atrocities will proceed. in case you think of that faith is the reason you're lacking the bigger image and choosing an undemanding (and incorrect) answer. We combat wars over organic factors (area for our inhabitants, nutrition, farmland, oil, gold, and so on…) and freedom to pick a thank you to stay or whilst those issues are threatened. all of it rather is created by using selfishness and greed. faith in simple terms occurs to be an undemanding way for the leaders to whip the hundreds right into a frenzy to combat for those products. If faith disappeared the following day each and all of the subject concerns might proceed to be we would do exactly it utilising a distinctive excuse.

My grandfather was a Pentecostal minister. I was not brain washed as you call it. This is the USA and we are entitled to our beliefs and our ceremony.

If you are intelligent, you can use the information provided to you in any way you choose. Some Pentecost's are not like the sweating, fire breathing, brimstone carrying fanatics that are shown on television.

Every human being on earth belongs to the "sinful" category. I am no different than you in that respect.

God bless you!

Right on CJ!!

If attempted brainwashing counts, then yes, but not by religion.

How to resist brainwashing? Recognize it as brainwashing. After you have recognized it as such, you simply can't take seriously any claim from that person(s).

I'm here only because I wish to be counted among "those who belong to the "Sinfull" (sic) category."

Every day I'm trying to "get over it" Recovering from Catholicism is as hard as recovering from alcohol.

Source(s): Homoatheist
  • Anyone who has ever been religious has been brainwashed.

Did Chris change his name to CJ?

one mans brainwashing is another mans enlightenment...its all a matter of perspective.

I would never let anything brainwash me.

VIVA LA RAZA!

im a witch and my mom try doc now i still a witch but i take meds