Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

Do you like to give rappers a chance?

For Example: I use to didnt like Chamillionare, when I first heard him but my friends kept on saying " Yo NR Chamillonare is really good, listen to his underground stuff"

so after I did some research and song searching

I started to like his music.

I tried to give Lil Wayne a chance, but that got

shut down quick. he's just lame to me.

Do you give rappers a chance?

-sorry for any dumbtarded grammar-

Favorite Answer

Yea I try and give em a chance. I remember when Ray Cash came out, I was like I dont know, but his album is a classic. But if I know they wack its not happ. Like Birdman naw dude not happening he gets no chance at all. All these new ATL rappers gets no chance either bc its garbage.

Wheezy has fell off and erbody on his dikk why? Tha Carter III was trash can sorry to say (my opinion). But I'm from TX always had love for the color changing click. I love screw and thats that. Other than that, hmmm I gotta preview on Itunes before I buy, its necessary.

-----

oh yea I stick with the real like Face, Trick, 8ball MjG, UGK, Boosie, Webbie, BG, Pastor Troy, Banner, Devin tha fukkn Dude, Michael "5000" Watts and Swishahouse, etc. Lately I been buying up nothing but old ish on AMAZON bc rap is garbage lately unless one of the classics drops a new album.

Absolutely. Even before I "listen" to the chatter on this website about how "horrid" someone is I'll open my ears up and give them an honest chance. Even if in the past they've really done some whack work I'll open my ears and mind to them. I too gave Lil Wayne a chance but had to do the same thing as you...he's just too far out there with me. I never like T.I. in the past because I always felt his music was weak but lately I've heard the few songs that have been "leaked" each and everyone has been hot. So...like you...I try in all earnest to get everyone the chance.

Peace & Love :)

Yea I always listen to new rappers cuz I'm trying to get a huge library of good music, Underground rap is the best tho. Just because your popular doesn't mean your anywear near good (Soulja boy, wayne). There are underground rappers that I think are just as good as biggie, 2pac, jay-z, nas.

What type of rap do you like and I can give you some good rappers.

• : )

Yup, but I can only give so many chances. lol Some Rappers I just can't get into like The Cool Kids and Young Jeezy

I have given Lil Wayne a chance..some of his underground shyt is straight!

But why didn't they use any of it before it went underground..

i will listen to the underground before his actual cd's

which would be strange because of the fact the 1st album for many artist is their terrific than they start to say no and no i will't hear to soulja boy despite if his next album looks like illmatic, clever doubt and all eyez on me mutually. He nonetheless made a music stated as ya trick ya lol

I usually dont, iif someone refers me to a rapper I never heard of I usually wont bother to listen to anything but if someone is getting alot of buzz i might listen to a couple of songs to see what there about.

Dude tryin to write a book up here, lol. Id buy it tho!

Yea, I had to give Cassidy a shot. He used to be one of my least fav artists but once i saw his underground ish, battle raps and just plain battles, i noticed he had some ill wordplay and metas so i began to respect him for it. Hes not my faveorite by far but dude can throw flames when he wants to.

I kinda done the same thing were i heard one song once and thought damn there wack, then someone would say damn they dope so now i give them a proper chance and even get albums on recommandation, least then u kno for sure

Yea I might do some song searching and research just to see if they might have some better stuff than the mainstream songs you hear on the radio...