Ideas on how to make a sumo suit?

Hello all,

I am looking to make a professional grade sumo suit. They are entirely way too expensive to buy, and I'd rather not pay just to rent them for an hour or two. It'd be fun to have them on the long term. I was hoping to get some guidance as to how to start making one. Are there any free patterns available online that I could use? What material is used on the outside? I'd like it to be durable enough to last many battles. Any help here would be real useful. So far there's info on making inflatable suits, but I'm looking for the 'real' thing.

Thanks!

• j615
    Favorite Answer

...wow..that is going to be hard..I would try a modifying Bean Bags if you run out of time....they are bulky and can be sewn into a body shape.....You just have to color the suit to you prefernce....fabric paint or dye would work....it would be better if you could find a white bag.

next step up is using foam.....like mattress foam or foam batting sold in quilting stores/walmart. you would have to cut the shapes into a basic body form then hot glue them into the shape.....like the chest and what not.

You would have to build it in different sections...like the chest, belly, butt would be a vest...the arms would be two rolls of foam and then the

the legs.

Velcro straps would be good holding it in place. Once you get the body built You can sew or get a gifted person you know to sew skin colored fabic to your foam......or else find a huge body stocking to fit over it.

Its best not to make it one solid piece because as it is you will get warm in the costume.

not the best info, but I hope it helps.

Source(s): Jesse Geasley/ Halloween Nerd

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Ideas on how to make a sumo suit?

Hello all,

I am looking to make a professional grade sumo suit. They are entirely way too expensive to buy, and I'd rather not pay just to rent them for an hour or two. It'd be fun to have them on the long term. I was hoping to get some guidance as to how to start making one. Are there any...

Source(s): ideas sumo suit: https://biturl.im/KOwRX

Instead of renting the sponge-style sumo wrestling suits from a local service company that charges by the hour, seek commercial or professional style sumo suits from a company that provides fee round-trip shipping and allows you to enjoy the sumo suits for at least three days. We have rented them for several years in a row from Sumo Nation, www.sumonationwide.com. Sumo Nation's suits are durable with an inflatable liner and the rental includes all sumo wrestling gear needed. Throughout most of the year, Sumo Nation posts specials that allows the rental costs of the sumo wrestling suits to be less than $300. Sumo

Nation allowed us to keep the sumo suits for an extra week last year and only charged an extra $100, and the year before we needed them for 5 days and there was no additional charge. Sumo Nation reduced the sumo suit rental to $249 for our church and did the same for my daughter's Relay for Life team.

I have an idea for you. I have a friend that's obese and she wears these body suits that flatten out her bulk, try full body casing for a huge person. Before putting the suit on cover your body with saran wrap or something, then the flabby suit, because your smaller than the obese body suit, then you get the quick flex spray. and fill the suit untill it fills the obese to the fullest. It takes about an hour to set. once hard remove either by splitting down sides, under arm with exacto knife or what ever. after all is done and you have your pad, cut to what you want, the product will be easy to deal with. make some time of tie to reattach the unit for wearing. Good Luck

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axBk4

my suggestions are: 1. make a rock band play 2. street dancing showdown 3. make some games like truth or dare or create some exciting games (like get 4 couples then blind fold the 2 girls then let them pick their partner by just touching a part of the guy's body and guess if that is his real partner) 4. blind dances get some girls blind folded then let the guy's be blind folded as well and let them pick their partners through the crowd 5. karaoke tip: don't make too much activities 'coz teenagers would also like to socialise with their fellows and get along with them....

those sumo suits are fun if its hot where you live you can rent a big slip and slide that blows up wow! those are fun or maybe have that dance-dance game. its the arcade hit game that plays on a playstation videogame system it comes with a hughe dance mat. kids and even adults have to mimic the dance steps the game is giving them. hell play twister that can be a riot with the kids.

I would think that u should get a skin colored shirt and put pillows on it then wear shorts underneath and get a scarf for the bottom thingy and draw nipples and a belly button on the shirt... This is kind of a crappy version but u don't have to buy anything