S T asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Why did Hugh Laurie lose his original co-stars? *House*?

Why did the original actors (Dr. Chase and Foreman) and actress (Dr. Cameron) change roles in House?

I think I'm current on what happened in the show, even though it's back and forth from seasons on USA and the current season airings.

What I want to know is why did the original team split? Did the actors/actress want more money? Did they not enjoy the show anymore? I don't understand.

I just got in to the show and even got to watch the first episode. Everything I've watched seemed to be productive in a program point of view, I had no dislike for any character.

I don't see the benefit of the writers removing the characters from their roles so I assumed it was the stars themselves. Can anyone confirm?

Please don't speculate, if you can confirm, a link to the information would be greatly appreciated.

I'm watching Resignation now, part of the 8 hour marathon I recorded, and apparently the whole team is about to disperse in this episode.

Please advise.

Much thanks.

Favorite Answer

they just wanted to switch up characters. things were getting stale...

The said it was getting very monotonous and they wanted to introduce something new while keeping the old cast intact , so they pushed chase and cameron in sidelines and introduced a new team for house, apparently they wanted to put in some fresh one liners for house to use.

Source(s): DVD Extras of season 4.