Snowboarding pants with vents?

should i buy snowboarding pants with vents or without vents? what are the upsides of vents ? are they useful?

• TahoeT
    Favorite Answer

I won't buy pants without vents - when you are riding in the cold or in deep powder make sure they are shut, when it is warm like spring riding then open them up when you get hot. They are very nice.

The only downside I can think of is the extra cost. Any good brand will use a heavy duty zipper that won't break so I wouldn't worry about that.

Good Luck

The Upside: Cools you off when your warm, and depending on the pants you have they offer pretty good circulation too.

The Downside: Can be troublesome to close, and if they break(chances are low) they can be a pain in the @$%

my pants have vents and i've never used them. I never even realized they had vents until halfway througt last season. if its gonna be warm out, like 50's and 60's, then they would be useful. I wouldnt rule out pants that dont have vents.

Yeah you could buy some with vents, mine have them but I can't remember ever having used them and I did fine.

i always have mine open, i get really hot really fast.

and they're fun to put your lift pass on, forcing the lift operator to look at your crotch (if shes hot)