Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why don't girls date nerds?

they know that the nerds will treat them like a queen... instead they go for the guy that could/ would break their hearts. it amazes me cause that goes against logic.

am i wrong?

i sit up at night 12:46 a.m. 24 going on 25 yrs old. wondering if i joined the basketball team instead of the science club.. would things be different..

it hurts. i feel betrayed by my lack of 'jerk-ness' or 'cocky-ness'. im confidant, so i know that's not the problem. and its not 'oh don't worry there's alot of girls out there you just haven't found the right one.'

i am saddened deeply.

sad |sad|

adjective ( sadder , saddest )

1 feeling or showing sorrow; unhappy

• causing or characterized by sorrow or regret; unfortunate and regrettable

2 [informal] feeling pathetically inadequate or unfashionable

• b
    Favorite Answer

Because "nerds" tend to lack confidence. If they don't, then they don't show it.

I personally think that smart guys are really really attractive. It sounds shallow, but I wouldn't date a drop out.

If you're confident, you HAVE to show that. Go up to girls and start talking, laughing, whatever! Confidence is a very attractive thing - jocks are up themselves and girls see the confidence in them so thats why they go for them.

If you're confident and smart then you will be a hit with girls like me.

High school and college is over for you, so no one "knows" that you are a 'nerd' so START FRESH! Get that confidence and go talk to a girl.

Good luck

And honestly, you are going for the wrong girls if they don't like you.

Its not about whether you're a nerd or not. It's about whether you've got the confidence and initiative to go and ask a girl out.

Tell me: who is more confident, outspoken and fun to be around? Neville the Nerd or Jack the Jock? That's right Jack the Jock!

If what you say is right then why do doctors, engineers, architects and scientists have wives? You simply aren't thinking and just feeling sorry for yourself! cut it out right now!!!!

Thats not complety true........me being a female that attracts guys easily i dont agree with your whole logic. I myself find a guy that is smart and can actually make something of himself very attractive. but i do also admit that isnt who i end up with all the time.I personally believe females are hesistent to get with a guy that not every one would initially look at is just that....females being ones who are naturally lovers of drama and jealously go for the guy that brings attention to himself as well as to her.Regardless of how he might treat her,she likes the public view of them together.Also,it deals with self esteem.a woman with high self esteem that doesnt care what other ppl think would go for the man that may not be the jock or whatever but treats her how she deserves to be treated.But a woman with lower self esteem then she realized will go for a man that beats her or talks to her any kind of way just as long as she gets positive feedback about him and his looks from those around her.

i'm a black female and to be user-friendly i'm no longer interested in that many nerds. i think i've got enjoyed men interior the previous who might have been seen nerdy...they're in basic terms no longer the style that lighting fixtures furnishings a stir up under me lol..IDK I in basic terms desire stable masculine men. And no i do unlike "undesirable boys who handle me like ****" and all nerdy men are no longer stable boyfriends the two so do no longer even pass there. i like what i like. i'm able to't talk for white females nevertheless

maybe your looking in the wrong places? Im a nerd myself, and it took awhile till i found the person that was right for me. I know it sounds sterotypical but try online dating, i met my soon to be wife that way, and it worked out great.

• MEL B.

Girls marry nerds-they make great husbands! How to get the date?You have to wait for them to show the interest-the twinkle in the eye thing-and then ask "what would you like to do?"

**You obviously are in a funk right now-but get out of it! Look around!

The holidays are coming!! Get your mojo working!

I can't answer that question I dont see someone as a nerd

We just use you to do our homework for us ;o)

I kiiiiid I kiiiiid!...I don't know, it's not that we're attracted to jerks, just guys that are confident in themselves. Just do your thing and be happy with yourself and someone will come along eventually. No ones gonna love you if you don't love yourself first kid.

Cheer up...I love you!

i only date really smart people, and i love it