Why are Americans always want to be superior in every field?

Favorite Answer

Sugarplum has a very valid point, Americans are taught at a very early age to strive for anything they want,2. why do people from other countries curse us but then want to live here?

Why do you feel that Americans want to be superior in every field?

As an american I was taught to strive for the best in everything I did. It did not make me the best, but I do try harder at things that a lot of people do. Everyone no matter who they are or where they live should want to be the best.

Why do so many people from other countries want to come to America to live?

Every healthy nation WANTS to. Americans also want to.

There is nothing wrong with striving for excellence, and a lot of poorer nations could do with a little more of that.

But perhaps you meant "think they are" instead of "want to"? If that is the case, this is more an opinion, than a question. It must be pointed out, to be fair, that US really is a giant in the world economy, we small nations can try to talk that down, but it remains true. The US is also more inward looking than Europe, for geographical reasons. So it would be natural that there would be some amount of boasting, or perceived arrogance.

Americans are taught to be individual and to strive for our best. If one wants to get somewhere one has to do it.

Fat spoiled children always assume they're the best because their mothers tell them so. When they get out into the real world and find out otherwise they throw fits and start wars, creating problems for the whole world.....

Is there something wrong with wanting to be the best? Wanting and being are two different things. I think everyone should strive to be the best at what they do...don't you?

i don't concepts somewhat friendly opposition with the Brits even even though it is suitable we attempt to maintain it friendly. in spite of each thing the two international locations have new chickens coming homestead to roost in ever increasing frequency. The Imperialism isn't at no fee you realize. we would be looking out.