Is Jesus the way, the truth, and the Life?? Or do you only believe in death?

• Favorite Answer

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. When Christ was on the cross and cried out, "My God, my God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me." Matthew 27:46 -- this was just after the Father withdrew from the Son, it was the only way that Jesus Christ could make the ultimate sacrifice of being in hell -- and that is the absence of God. But by doing this, he became master of the living and the dead, so He could save the dead and the living.

This time being away from God, with those who had died before Christ came to earth, gave Him mastery over those who had died. They could then receive salvation by having Faith in Him. No one who had ever lived or who would live in the future would be without our Lord and Savior.

We have One son of the Eternal God, He came to Earth with a mission, and His Father allowed Him to do so. How that must have pained the Father -- imagine sending one of your children away to face what Christ did. No, we cannot because we are mere humans. Because we are human, we are not and never will be perfect. However, we who have faith in Jesus Christ know that we have been purchased and are forgiven for all of our sins whenever we ask, because we live under the Grace of God. That Grace was paid for by the blood of Christ.

Yes, I say again, Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Him.

T.

Just b/c religions made many fatal mistakes doesnt mean God doesnt know what He's doing. The main point thats not clear 2 many: Jesus is the only 1 in history that stated that no1 can find our real God except thru Jesus (Jn 14:6; 5:39; 10:1,7; Acts 4:11). This means "the" truth was complete & there4 finished thru what Jesus taught & did. So, any so-called new teaching & any other religious beliefs r null & void & cant lead u 2 God. The truth is either the whole truth or it isnt the truth. The truth is the absence of any lie. Either Jesus told the whole truth or He's a false prophet, among many, whom should be disregarded. This would also mean that God must not exist either (He either knows what He's doing or He cant be God).

But, heres evidence God knows what He is doing. Jesus couldntve done nor said what He did unless He had full understanding of the entire Old Testament (the New Testament didnt exist @ the time of Jesus - the only way Jesus couldve known the whole OT is if God was with Him). & the Apostles couldnt remember & write down the NT unless Jesus allowed them to remember & know what He was here 4 (Lk 24:25-27,45). None of this was possible unless an incredibly Intelligent Being caused it.

But God outsmarted man, b/c the Bible's the only 1 known 2 man that cant be properly understood without going thru Jesus (Jn 14:6; II Cor 3:14, Is 29:11-12 - If the Jewish people cant pierce the veil over the OT without going thu Jesus then rest-assurd neither can all gentiles). This is why theres many interpretations & people thinking its all just fairytales (Jesus came with the sword of division).

A church thats very serious about finding the Biblical truth, understands what being Born Anew is about, might be able 2 help u but no1 can save u except Jesus (Jn 3:1-14 - note: Nicodemus was very religious but Jesus flatout told him he had missed the 1rst most important step, that he must be Born Anew or no matter how religious or good he thought he is he couldn't go 2 Heaven (Jn 3:3,5; Jn 14:6; Acts 4:12). No1 can live without breaking God's Law.

Whoever seeks Jesus Christ with all his heart & soul will find Him (u shall know the truth & it will set u free). But u can lead a horse 2 water but u cant make them drink. Why should God want u 2 live with Him forever if u dont want 2 know Him (reason 4 free will - Jn 1:12-13)? The truth of God remains forever while things of a man dies with him, including his religions & gods made in his image. Theres everlasting hope only in Jesus Christ.

voyc4rmwldrns

Source(s): The Holy One of Israel, Jesus Christ, God's Holy Spirit, the Bible, careful research and observation and personal experience provided by the Most High - He who has the Son has the Father also but he who does not have the Son doesnt know the Father either - it shall be sheer terror 2 understand the real message - God doesnt respect any man or his religions. Theres a way that seems right 2 a man buts end = death. ***If Jesus came from God as His Son then religions r wrong about Jesus. If Jesus Christ is wrong then the Bible & the Quran (doesnt agree with the Bible), the Book of Mormon (no such thing as "another testament), JWs (rewrote some Bible verses - New World Translation) & others r wrong. We cant have it two ways. Theres only 1 Jesus & there can only be 1 true Gospel (II Cor 11:4; Gal 1:6,9; I Tm 6:3). If Jesus is whom He says He is then Muhammad (muslim follower of Islam), Joseph Smith (Mormon = Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints), Jahovah's Witnesses (JWs = Watchtower), Most Catholics, many Protestants, Ellen White (7th Day Adventists), Mary Baker (Christian Scientists), the moonies (Unification church), Church of Scientology (Dynanetics - L Ron Hubbard), Buddhism, Hinduism & others presenting other teachings & practices r the false prophets & teachers & should be disregarded. But I can assure u the truth is in the Bible (where Jesus was coming from in everything He did & said). Those that r wise get away from religion & seek the 1 whom came from God. Regarding Bibles I recommend the English Standard Version (ESV) as its an easy 2 read but more accurate version than what others will suggest. Its very important 2 understand the most accurate Bibles r those that r word 4 word or a combination of word 4 word + the right amount of literal translation (4 readability). Presently, theres over 30 versions of the Bible. Only a few r translated close 2 whats in the original text. The ESV adheres 2 the word for word method while making it easy 2 read (literal method) - the best accurate Bible 4 the younger crowd - but its good 4 parents, children & others 2 be reading the same Bible 4 good communication.

I believe in the Holy Bible, the word of God. John 14:6 is where you are quoting from. "And Jesus Said, I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes unto the Father but through me." I believe the only way one can be saved is by grace, the grace God gives us though His one and only Son. John 3:16. Romans 3:23 says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, but Romans 6:23 tells us there is a gift, we can accept, and Romans 5:8 tells us how to receive the gift.

Those who do not believe in Christ, are lost, and will not only die on earth, but live an eternal life in hell. It is so sad that so many are against Him. There is just one way, the path is narrow. The multiple paths long and wide, are the path to death.

Without my faith, my life would be empty. I live my life for Christ, in all that I do. 1st Timothy 4:12

NOT FOR THE ASKER.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

HOW ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE BEFORE HIM IF HE IS THE WAY TO THE FATHER?

Don't take this line in literal form because all prophets brought only one message…to worship one God. If you believe on them….you receive eternal life.

Source(s): ISLAM

I believe in death because rule number one is that everything dies. From us, to animals, to plants to molecules, like suns exploding and black holes and decay.

That's right, the entire Universe is decaying.

Why can't you enjoy your life simply knowing we are made of star stuff and consciousness is just a way for the universe to get to know itself?

This Jesus thing is meant for a time when people didn't have enough answers to explain the unknown. We have grown past that now. It's time to change and accept reality. Everything dies, so what. That's not a bad thing. Besides, once your dead you won't care.

I guess my answer to that is neither on one extreme nor the other. I believe all religions have some degree of truth and some other degrees of corruption to them Perhaps through Jesus we find our salvation, but I believe only by peacefully cooperating with people of other beliefs can we ever hope to arrive at the solid truth.

And even Jesus himself had no choice to believe in death, as he himself had to be subjected to it before his faithful followers could be saved.

John 12:24 - “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit."

Yes, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

I think what most people don't understand about how to get saved is that they have to trust that Jesus Christ' death is enough for GOD, not for us. It is not us believing that Christ died etc that gets us saved (after all, even the devil believes that Christ died) what gets us saved is when we believe that Christ's death is enough for God to see us as perfect - BECAUSE of Christ' death and resurrection. It called the "propitiation".

Okay so this is an attempt to make your earlier question "How can a person believe in death, and not believe in Life?" - a bit clearer. Well that's good.

Life here on earth is the only life we have. That's Life! Death is the end. Death is inevitable. Every ounce of your being is mortal. Get over it.

Jesus Christ reached out to me and showed me His way when my way reached the point of planning my suicide. I turned myself over to him and He gave me a new life in Him. For 37 years He has sustained me through all life has dished out to me, marriage, births, deaths and many difficult times in between. He has not changed or deserted me in all this time and that has proved to me that He is the TRUTH. I will follow His WAY until I exit this life and enter into ETERNAL LIFE.

Source(s): Oct. 21, 1971 Jesus Christ entered my life, took me from death into life and is just as faithful today almost 38 years later.

I have prove death is real. We can prove death is real. I see death, every day. Can't say the same about Jesus. I see stories about kids dieing every day, where is Jesus for these kids.