Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

explorer.exe causing problems?

I just built a new desktop pc with windows xp home sp2. I have noticed that it has been running very slow, and in waves (speeds up, slows down). I opened task manager and explorer.exe is constantly running over 100mb/ram which is crazy, it is only at 18mb on my laptop right now.

It has slowed down the entire computer along with the internet, some websites wont even load. To make sure this was the problem, i ended the explorer.exe process. Everything ran fast, and all the websites loaded perfectly.

So my question is, whats going on here and how can I fix it? I know for sure it shouldnt be sucking up 100+mb of ram.

I have 2gb of ram and usually 70-80% of it is free at any time...so explorer isnt using it all but it is slowing it down. I have scanned with AVG 8 and it didnt find anything..

Favorite Answer

Download Perfect Optimizer!

(Free use of testing your computer--http://www.best-registry-cleaner.info/

) and use it to clean your system, clear the list of programs you don't need to run as Windows starts, clean the Temp folders, clean the registry of broken links, Repair the disk operating system ,Repair security system error Windows, Mac OS X or Linux , Security fixes browser,uninstall programs, de ragga your Hard Drive and registry from this program.

a million. cash, the loss of and even the abundance of can reason many arguments and simply make one or each humans insupportable. two. loss of believe or infidelity, due to the fact actually i cannot be with anyone that i cannot believe or with anyone who cannot believe me. this additionally ties in to the loss of intercourse or the abbundance of intercourse due to the fact an excessive amount of intercourse will make you desire an emotional dating with anyone else and now not adequate will reason you too appear for a sexual dating. both method its infidelity. three. addictions, may also be difficult on a dating, i imply certain in the event you get via them then it's going to deliver you nearer in combination but when now not then it may rip you to shreds. four. loss of communications, if there's a loss of verbal exchange then probabilities are some thing is both going to overlook interpreted or simply come as a shock. five. loss of admire will also be a main contibuter due to the fact so long as there isn't adequate admire anyone will believe the have got to have the higher hand and take skills for you to reason the opposite character to ultimately go away. i've extra tooo: 6. a loss of compromise or an excessive amount of compromising on one folks side can holiday a dating due to the fact then one character feels as despite the fact that they giving up who and what they're and that's by no means well. 7. households (in-legislation), may also be within the feel that if there's anyone who's influencing them in a terrible method toward the connection it may sway the character to peer matters in an additional potential. eight. worry, which motives doubt, due to the fact that implies that anyone within the dating is not competent for all of it or anyone feels as despite the fact that the connection isn't being taken critically. nine. Children, humans fright approximately youngsters at all times field is the essential purpose due to the fact one partner has extra of an assertive process then the opposite. 10. faith and cultural variations, so far as one character will have a few form of norm and the opposite might simply have the whole reverse

If you're positive it's explorer.exe, you may want to consider another shell. I've heard good things about emerge desktop, bblean, litestep.

Or, you can add more memory. Or check your processors.

From what you say it's definitely a windows issue.

My advice is, in case you don't want to reinstall, to upgrade to SP3.

You can down;oad it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...