What is this incredibly sharp pain below my lower right ribcage (any help would be nice ASAP)?

A little over an hour ago I began to feel a sharp pain in my lower right ribcage region. I figured it was nothing big but 5-10 minutes later, the pain became even worse. It severely hurt every time I talked, moved, or shifted. My heartbeat was definitely rapid and faster than normal and I began to feel almost a cold sweat. I was literally on the verge of going to the hospital before the pain dissipated. All in all, it lasted around 45 minutes. I had ate a very decadent/fatty meal at a steakhouse earlier in the evening so I think this could have something to do with my gull bladder, but my medical knowledge only consists of reading other information about similar symptoms on the internet. I'm 21 years old, 6'3", 190 lbs. and I would say that I'm active and in fairly good shape. I get drunk fairly often due my collegiate surroundings so could this in any way be a liver/ulcer related issue? Any advice will be well noted but I wanted to hear any answers or thoughts prior to calling my local medical practice. Thanks for the help!

I feel like the pain location is located a bit higher up underneath the bottom part of the ribcage, and what I've read about appendicitis states the pain would be more central to your abdomen and stomach. Any thoughts on that or any reasoning behind why it would be my appendix? Hopefully someone in the medical field can give me a detailed explanation of sorts, thanks again for the help.

Favorite Answer

your apendix.

get it checked out before you die.

your pain is suggestive of acute biliary colic ( gall bladder pain) may be due to stones . Normally the pain gets worse in people who have a large fatty meal and in your case it fits. the second thing comes to mind can also be an acute attack of alcoholic gastritis . you are young to have GBstones but there are excetions one can have it. my sincere opinion is to get an ultra sonography abdomen to rule out GB stones

once thats negative stop taking alcohal or atleast occasional with food . you for sure have no appendix pail or any liver disorder. endoscopy will rule out an ulcer problem too . all the best and avoid taking fatty meals please.

Source(s): prof view

THIS HAPPENED TO ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE NOT AS BAD BUT YEAH.!!!!!!!!

GO TO THE HOSPITAL I DID!!!!!!!!!

THEY GIVE YOU TABLETS AND YOU FEEL BETER STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( ONLY LAST WEEK )