Controversial Topics for a 9th grade speech class?

im in a high school speech course and we're gunna have to make a small speech on a controversial topic. This can be about practically anything.

I'd love to hear your ideas on what may be some good controversial topics. thanks so much!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hollister vs abercrombie

• Jan H
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

There several that I, as a speech teacher do not allow in my classes.

I am not interested in finding out any more about:

Legalization of Marijuana

Abortion

Illegal Aliens (and I don't mean star men!)

Creationism vs Evolution

Tattoos

How about something to do with the high salaries of sports athletes, or doping in sports, or CEO salaries, or global warming, or prostitution, or logging in Brazil's rain forests, or the melting poles, or the growth of the nations of China and India, they are where we were 20 years ago, and growing fast, will they use more power than we do???

Good luck with this stuff. It is always fun to hear speeches, and I hope yours is a good one!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

1. How have animated comedies influenced societal norms? (ie, southpark, family guy, simpsons, etc) 2. How should the FDA proceed with their rulings on marijuana? 3. How will the US' first marijuana bar influence policy? 4. Does illegal downloading really damage the economy? 5. How does sexting reflect itself on our generation and what does it indicate about our sexuality/identity?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Genetic engineering or stem cell research. Child obesity, who is at fault? Violent video games (plus unless they're those new interactive ones these also make kids fat re too much gaming & no exercise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Tibet? Chinese rule over everything and everyone in their country? Maybe even the amount of violence shown on television these days and how it is changing children's behaviors.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think Racism and religion.

• 1 decade ago

google for FGM. it is spine chilling

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Should gay people be allowed to eat cheese.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.