JMR asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

I'm 18 and I recently recieved my first traffic ticket for a slightly expired license, will it be dismissed?

I live in North Carolina and I've never had any tickets or convictions of any kind. Since this is my first ticket ever and I got the problem taken care of the very next day, what are my chances of getting the ticket dismissed?

To James G, They were doing a checkpoint near my house and they were stopping everyone who came through. My ticket was only for the expired license nothing else.

Favorite Answer

That will depend on the judge who hears the case.

About all you can do is show up for your assigned court date, explain to the judge honestly what happened, explain why it won't happen again, and demonstrate that you've taken care of the underlying problem. At that point, you'll just have to throw yourself on the mercy of the court.

Don't be too surprised if there is no mercy, though; you did do the crime by driving on an expired license. Your intent is irrelevant. So is the fact that it was only expired by a few days. So if you do get the ticket dismissed, you'll be getting a gift that you don't exactly deserve.

Good luck -- I hope you get that gift.

• they will probable send you a fine and request money. I would probably go to the next policeman you see and show him the ticket and the resolution you fixed and ask him if he can help you sign off your ticket. Sometimes that will work not always but I did get one fixed like that. About the same age.

no ! before u go to court fix the problem also show you had ins , what was the ticket for ? just exp lic ? anything else on the ticket, why did thay pull you over ?

excellent