Would you work in a Mining Town in the middle of nowhere for a 66% Pay Rise Why/Why Not?

OK I currently make about 30 grand for 30 hours work a week

(4 X 7.5hrs)

but if I get this job I applied for I will make 50 grand for 5 days work

(may be longer than 8hrs some days)

The catch it's a mining town called Roxby Downs in the Middle of Australia AKA The Desert AKA 45-47degrees Celsius (113-116.6 degrees Fahrenheit)in the Summer. Plus they mine Uranium amongst many other things and the Radioactive levels are reportedly quite high.

@DITC-Dude that owns the Drilling Company looks like the guy from Wolf Creek HaHa!

Favorite Answer

Have you seen the movie Wolf Creek?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/

That is why I would never work in the middle of nowhere in australia, it's based on a true story

Well I mean all you have to do is not have the white person reaction if Wolf Creek begins happening to you.

Shoot him in the head as soon as you get the chance.

Cuz 66% is alot of percents.....

Get that 40 Cal Wow and get that money.

And try not to get radioactive too much.

aka 47...sounds like a terrorist threat...or an R&B dj.

now i see the figures im not sure, remember tax is a b*tch and then you die thats why i get high...

50 grand means about 33000 after tax per year

thats only 3 grand more than you 30 000 salary (if thats your after tax figure) anyway. and extra 3-6 grand a year for working in a 'hellish' environment is not worth it

na. forget it. barter with the employer for a better deal .

although you wont be in america, and thats a plus....