Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How strong is your faith?

Some where in the bible it says something like.... if your faith is as big as a mustard seed, you can tell a mountain to move and it will obey you. So how come there isn't a single person on this planet who has enough faith to make everyone believe in God and stop sinning. Why do you believe your faith is strong enough to get you into heaven if your faith can't prevent a hurricane from destroying many homes and lives, or prevent innocent children from being murdered in war zones? Why are women still getting raped? Is everyone forgetting to pray about these things, or is your faith dead? Maybe the verse that I described has another meaning. Maybe things will happen regardless of how strong your faith is. These are honest questions for all believers of the christian faith and are not intended to be disrespectful. I really question what is the point of faith if bad things happen regardless.

Favorite Answer

er, I hate to have to be the one to break this to you, but there IS NO GOD.

No god, no way, no how.

Never has been; never will be. End of story.

--Ray

Source(s): Charles Darwin

Faith is not getting God to do ANYTHING that we desire, even if that thing is good in our eyes.

F-fantastic

A-Adventures

I-In

T- Trusting

H-Him

God sent His son Jesus to die on the cross to save us from sin, and allow us to be in heaven with Him forever. And ultimately, when Jesus returns there will be no more sin, there will be no more death, etc. It is not our faith that gets us into heaven, because our faith is not even of ourselves. It is God that does it all. I have faith that God CAN heal me from a chronic pain disease, that i have had most of my life- however He has chosen not to, as yet. But I feel that I have stronger faith, learning to endure the pain for all these years. Faith is not something we use as a magic wand. God is the one that answers prayer, and yes, we do have to have faith, however the amount of our faith does not equate how He answers. The faith that we have in God, is not based on what He can do for us. The faith is for learning to trust, even if He doesn't answer every prayer the way that we desire.

Thank you for asking but yes right now my faith is very strong, where i want to fellow Christ example, on how to live a better life. and i have to say after turning my life to God. i feel so peaceful. now as for the other stuff going on in this world neither you or i, can stop others from choosing the choices they want to make. everyone is responsible for there actions. while other things just happen

Thank you

God Bless

The bible is a lie. I have no faith in that rubbish.

My faith in Awesome God is immeasurable.

God is Love, Love is God.

Trust Love.

Peace, love, calm and positivity to all.

Jesus will stop all the nonsense.

Why all the wrongs happen, GOD will answer in Heaven.

...Must keep the faith, Stay in GOD's grace, otherwise, WHAT is GsOING ON ON THE unHolY PLANET, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!