What will you do if your presidential candidate choice loses in November?

Will you do something drastic?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • EZMZ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No---I am still American at heart and will support the new president unless he starts doing bad things.

McCain/Palin '08=economic growth through energy development.

• 1 decade ago

You pose a very good questian there....I won't do anything out of the ordinary, because there is nothing I can do.....I am not even sure my champian can do anything.....No matter who wins it seems they stand in front of America and swear to some unseen diety they will try to keep thier evil works to a minimum.Religeon has ruined all of humanity....I am not going into some long winded rant here, but want to say some things....I am 75 yrs old and have noticed many things happen....before the 1800's religeon has been the plauge [sic] on the earth...In the 1800's I noticed humans lived far apart in America... Western America....They had thier churchs and missians spred around but they did no good stopping the evil forces....Killings robberys etc.....And here we are in the 21 st century with the same humans and same churches and religeon still does not help anything.....Many times religeon is part of the problems....Most religeonists I have found all say "Do as I say,,,not as I do" Personaly I dearly hate those people.....OK rants over.....I will sign off with this "Nothing fails so much as prayer""

• 1 decade ago

I'll join the massive exodus of White Americans leaving this country, and I'm not even White.

It's Canada, Britain, or Germany... in 4 months.

Even though my logical rants fall on the deaf ears of the ignorant, I will mention one thing in one final effort to rouse some intelligence in the Obama masses: Why aren't any other countries being pressured to have a Black president, just because "it's time"?

America is basically throwing away all of the top minds and business owners by allowing this circus of a primary.

• 1 decade ago

As with any election, especially the U.S. Presidential Election, I listen to the candidates views and make the best choice I can for me, my family and our country. If the majority of Americans do not feel the same as me, and my candidate loses, I have to bite the bullet and pray I was wrong and the opponent does good things for the country. I voted for George W. Bush and he turned out to be one of the worst presidents we have ever had. So, I can certainly choice the wrong guy!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The same thing I did when Kerry lost. I will fume and curse and stamp my feet and complain about all the idiots in this country. I will then announce that I am leaving for Canada and be deadly serious in making that assertion. "That'll show 'em!"

By the next day, I will calm down and just move on with my life, knowing that the United States is a strong nation which can withstand more punishment even after eight years of Bush. Of course, I hope it doesn't come to that and I don't think it will this time!

Obama/Biden 2008

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The crisis this country is in is the type that can only be relieved by corruption being attacked and the government starting to think in human terms. Neither one of these guys are going to go at the presidency like that.

I'm going to watch the headlines and the second I see one article that points to a depression I'm out of here. Being a patriot isn't going to feed my kids

• damon
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I have opened a bank account with $100, applied for a work visa through a friend's company and placed a deposit on a rental apt in Calgary AB Canada. Should McPalin miraculously win the election, I'm prepared to do what I need to do to preserve my financial livelihood and sanity.

• S F
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I'll have to eat more beans and rice, and chopped turkey. I'll have to make a route to drive, to get all my errands done in one felt swoop. I'll have to hoard my change, so I can splurge on something tasty, or pretty, or 'lotion' even!

It will be a disaster. Something drastic you ask? Am I not already in a drastic situation from the last 8 years of getting screwed?

• 1 decade ago

Be gracious, wish the winner well, and hope that he implements wise policies that benefit the country. I may write to my representatives in Congress or to the President if I feel strongly about an important issue, regardless of who wins.

• 1 decade ago

i will continue life as normal and hope for the best. I do not see the other candidate as evil or anything and I certainly don't think it's the end of the world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.