Traveling to Europe (Italy,Swistzerland, Spain, Germany and France) using laptop necessary gear to plug?

I have an xpsm1210 from dell and need to know what do I need to plug it to the 230V@50Hz electric service in Europe

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    just need a plug to fit European outlets.

    That little box on the cable converts it all, you don't need a special adapter.

    Source(s): I have an xps as well and took it to Europe in 2007 and this year.
  • 1 decade ago

    The power supply that comes with the laptop should accept 230 V@50 Hz as well as US voltage/current, so you do not need a voltage converter. You can check the label on the power supply to verify this. You will only need the plug adapter that converts from the US style two flat prongs to the European two round prongs for the countries you've listed. I've used my laptops in all of these countries with no problems. If you go to the UK, you will need a different plug adapter - they're widely available and relatively inexpensive.

  • Gerd P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    All AC adapters for dell XPS notebooks have a multiple power input from 100-240 volts. You just need a plug adapter to fit it in the wall outlet (type C of attached link) which is commonly used in continental europe for appliances not requiring grounding.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.