Does these engine sealers work for leaking freeze plugs?

My back freeze plug is leaking and I know it's an expensive job. They gotta pull out the trannie and stuff. Someone told me about these sealers. True?

Favorite Answer

it all depends on how bad the leak is you can buy the best stuff out there but if its to much then downth thy trany shallth cometh

The "Stop Leak" goop that goes into the water system via the radiator might gum up the leak for a while, but I wouldn't depend on it.

It could last for months or just a couple of hours, so you really need to bite the bullet and get the thing fixed.

i assume you've hit the hose with a device on the same time as you have been doing the freeze plug. it is likewise achievable you probably did no longer purge each and all the air out of the coolant device after changing the freeze plug. Air interior the engine removes the siphon result, so your water pump can no longer pull any fluid out of the radiator. while your engine have been given warm, it became a number of that water to steam, which will build up tension actual rapid. That tension has to bypass someplace, and bigger or no longer it is with the aid of your hose than with the aid of your head gasket.

I agree with David C, it may or may not do the trick. If it does, it'll only be a very temporary fix and you're going to need to have it done anyway I'm afraid.

don't use any kind of additives. they can plug up lines and cause more problems than they fix, trust me.

you're better off taking it in to get it done