tragus piercing... (pro piercer help please.)?

ok, have you ever heard of someone not being able to pierce their tragus because there isn't enough skin? and if it is pierced the tragus will split.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All piercings are dependent on anatomy. Some people are just not suited for some piercings, even common ones. I've seen navels that should not be pierced because the piercing will only reject, same with eyebrows, nipples and just about every other piercable body part. Go to a pro and have them look at your ear. If there isn't enough room to safely do a tragus piercing, they will be able to suggest other options for you. If you've already been told by a pro that you don't have enough room, believe it. You may be able to find some less-than-ethical piercer to perform it, but you will most likely have bad results.

Source(s): Pro Piercer
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah I've heard of that. If that's the case most piercers won't pierce you any way cos of it. If you don't have enough skin their I think the tragus bar will grow out and be pushed to the edge of your tragus over time which if you left it to do so would mean it would split. Eventually the skin should heal back together again though. X

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you didn't have enough skin to support the tragus, in example, it being too thin then most likely yes.

You need the right amount of skin to support the jewelery, or else it will split because it's too heavy for the skin to support.

If that makes sense ahah (:

• 1 decade ago

This is true, sorta. When you pierce the Tragus there has to be enough cartilage, because its not like a lobe piercing where your piercing skin, if there isn't enough cartilage there then you can pierce it, it's kinda hard to explain w.o being able to show it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you probably can get it done but you have to get it done with a smaller ga like maybe a 20 or 18 cause most stand tragus ga are 16 and that is what i got mine done with honestly!

Source(s): both lobes pierced 4 times 16g and 18g left cartilage 16g right top ear forward helix 16g left tragus 16g (8/28/08) navel (9/14/07)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Skin may tear if it is too thin and unable to support the weight. The situation is individual dependent, but it may occur.

Source(s): 40 Years of Medicine.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.