What does a guy mean when he tells you he loves you?

A guy told me he loved me yesterday, but he's always avoiding me and doesn't really talk to me at school, only when their aren't many people around. He confuses me a lot. What does this mean? What should I do?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

doesn't sound like love to me...when i love someone, i really enjoy talking to them and being around them.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

ok if you were in front of him when you said it and he said back at ya then it could be that he really don't have the same feelings cause if he really loved you then he would want you to know. Men do tell there women that they love them. So don't get played. Also if he said it over the phone it would be because he do not want someone to hear him.

• 1 decade ago

I think he means that he loves you in a silent way. He avoids you because he doesn't want to talk to you in front of his friends, and prefer to talk to you when it's private. He just loves you in that silent way. Maybe he's just not ready to make his love to you in public. But by all means, don't get too close to him, it can mean something else.

• 1 decade ago

Love means alot of things to alot of people. Me personaly when i tell my wife (who i have been on and off with since highschool and ended up married to 8 years later) that i love her it is my way of accepting her with her flaws. It is my way of letting her know that i want to be there with her regardless of what may happen over the years. Some people feel diffrently and just use the "i love u" statment to explain lust. It is hard to truely love someone you have to be willing to accept anything that might happen. So in truth no one can really tell you what he ment when he said he loves you. You just have to know him well enough to tell what his definition of loving someone is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

maybe he doesnt want ppl to know that he likes uu or maybe he just lies if he say he loves u, cuz all he wants is to get u...

i donnooo?

or he really doees love u but hes aftraid or shy

• 1 decade ago

He probably just used that as a flirting technique or something.

Source(s): wikipedia
  • 1 decade ago

He wants to get in your pants!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Generally if someone like you they want to be around you. DUHH...

• 1 decade ago

it means he loves you and want to be with you. now your looks. if you are intrested, tell him, if not that tell him. now ball in your court.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stay away from him. Run.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.