Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

You know whats annoying me?

The fact that people think the 76 yard field goal attempt by the Raiders was a dumb call. Do you actually think they were trying to make it? They did it to prevent a huge return from Sproles, which we all know would've been possible. And besides it wasn't like they did it a the beginning of a quarter or that the kick would've meant win or lose. They did it with what 2 seconds left in the half? Sigh, I wonder why I came back here sometimes.

Favorite Answer

I totally agree man. I think its just annoying Charger fans just trying to find any reason to bash the Raiders.

It wasn't the smartest thing in the world to do. But, then again, this is Raider football we're talking about. The most penalized team in the NFL every year. Very little discipline, if any. As for the 76 yard attempt: very dumb. The reason being is that the line of projection on a field goal of that distance is going to be very low. The longer the field goal the lower the ball is going to be over the line of scrimmage. Much easier to block and return for a score. But who cares? Lane Kiffin apparantly doesn't. He's probably out of a job anyway.

Why not go for a Hail Mary, Russels got a hell of an arm, could of gotten 7 instead of calling a call like that... Cromartie caught the short kick and ran for a return which could of been a touchdown anyways of course it was not gonna make it to the field goal from 76 yards, what if Sproles was back there to recover it?... Same S***.... by far the dumbest call I've ever seen

Okay let me figure this out here, I missed the game, Oakland had 2 seconds left, and was ahead at the time, didnt want to kick the ball to Sproles, instead they attempted a 76 yard field goal.

Thats about that damn dumbiest thing I ever heard, what are you all kidding me. They simply could have snapped the ball in shot gun formation, have the qb take enough steps to run the clock out or launch a pass downfield to run the clock out.

Good lord, that could have easily been blocked, giving the Chargers the momentum going into the second half.

Thats not smart, that was STUPID

Wait I thought Cromartie caught it and ran for a return anyways, didnt he set the 109 yard record doing that aginst the Vikings last season because of a short field goal?.... Yeah why did u come back to Y/A

Stupid call, Raiders suck

If they were really doing it to keep Sproles from returning, then why not just have the kicker kick it out of bounds? I mean, last two second of the half left? Means they could have just kicked it out of bounds, played deep, then called it a half........

• Ron

Count me in as one of the ones who think it was a dumb move. Not surprised at all.That's Raider football. Hail mary gives you a shot at a penalty or points.

Well I'm sure Lechler can punt out of bounds and they could have just kneeled the ball. They called the timeout and I don't know what their play clock was but the Raiders are dumb and couldn't stop the Chargers oh well Chargers own them any day everyday no matter what.

• What they did wasnt smart, they ran the clock down and then kicked I'm sure they knew they werent going to make it, they arent that stupid. Sproles would have had a huge return that little guy can run. I wonder why I'm here sometimes too.

They did it because i'm sure they were hoping that by some small mircale they would have made it and got those 3 extra points.

If they would have made it somehow there wouldn't be this many haters