What song would you like to be the last one you hear before dying?

Any genre -- pop/rock, jazz, classical, whatever.

My choice is a four-way tie that I just can't seem to break:

[1] "Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis" by Ralph Vaughan Williams

[2] "We've Only Just Begun" by the Carpenters

[3] The overture to the Broadway musical "Gypsy"

[4] "Make Our Garden Grow," the heart-breaking finale of Leonard Bernstein's "Candide"

I guess I'd better listen to each of them every day for the rest of my life, just in case!

:-)

Favorite Answer

Trace Adkins

You're Gonna Miss This.....great words...great singer

Seriously?

When all's said and done and I'm down to the last hour where the rubber really does hit the road, so to speak, I think I would get most comfort from "Nearer My God To Thee".

Now...don't go thinking I'm a fundamentalist Bible Banger or anything, but like most of us, I am spiritually grounded as I can be.

However, if the Titanic violinists are not available to play this old hymn, I would settle for a loud recording of Ethel Merman singing There's Nooooooooooooooo Bizness Like Shoooooooooooooowww Bizness, like Nooooooooooooooo Bizness I Knoooooooooooowwww....

That would probably do the trick and send me on over.....hahaha

There will be MILLIONS more songs that come out before I die! My doctor has said that I will die April 12, 2212 so I'm waiting for the most AWESOME song to come along around 2211. That's if there is such a thing as commercial songs.

Personally I prefer to listen to the music of the universe. If you listen just right you can hear it. When I'm in my van I can hear it in the background sometimes and I just turn off my radio in the van and I enjoy the natural songs of nature.

One with the Planet ... rocking to the Prime Creator ... Cruising in the Gaia Consciousness ... all faves right now but there will be more in the future.

Sorry ... but I have no limits at this point.

:-)

I AM DARTAGNON

The Song of songs which is in the Wisdom section of the Bible by Solomon. It is a love poem. King David played a musical instrument, so as it says in the New Testament, sing to one another in psalms and canticles.. If one of you be sad, sing a Hymn. It's all in the Bible.

Source(s): The good book. Life in general

Eternal Life by Jeff Buckley

Knocking on Heavens Door - Bob Dylan

• Don

Honestly, I don't want to hear anything...I want PEACE and QUIET... I'm so sick of hearing Mexican (so-called) music...talk about a bunch of whiny cr*p, I could scream...well, that and the rap cr*p... Yes, Dear Lord...PLEASE...let me have PEACE and QUIET... Though a rendition or two of the theme song from Friendly Persuasion might be nice...IF THEY'D PLAY IT ONLY ONCE...lol...

The Spirit Carries On - by Dream Theater.

Great song...it's amazing...I tear up every time. And it'd be the perfect song to lay me in my grave.

Judy Collins singing "Send in the Clowns."

Low by Flo Rida