Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 decade ago

bluetooth...........help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

i want to transfer files from my mobile to my PC via bluetooth.........shoud i download any software to my computer.................please help me with this for 10 points..................

Favorite Answer

If your computer has Windows XP or Vista, you do not need any special software for your computer. You do need a bluetooth adapter so that your computer can communicate with your phone. Your phone needs to have bluetooth enabled.

Once both have bluetooth enabled, one device (such as the phone) needs to enable discovery while the other (the computer) looks for other bluetooth devices. When they find each other, one will give a passcode that needs to be typed into the other device, for security purposes. Finally, the two will be linked and you can proceed with the file transfer. To transfer a file from your computer, go to something like My bluetooth devices (I'm uncertain about what it's called, but you should also be able to just right-click the small bluetooth icon in the taskbar), click on the device and send file. To transfer a file from your phone, go to the file on the phone and send to bluetooth device (which should be the name of your computer).

Note that Verizon disables OBEX bluetooth, which means you can't transfer files over bluetooth if your phone has the Verizon firmware. [Exception: supposedly an old Motorola V3c firmware is capable of it, but I doubt you have it.]