xOxO
Lv 4

Do you think it is normal for your skin to peel after brushing?

Mine does after i brush my teeth, people say im allergic to the toothpaste, not true because it happens with every brand i use...doesnt hurt so i cant be allergic to it...do you think this is normal?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When I use mouthwash excessively, my mouth does the same thing. It's like the mouthwash is killing the surface layer. Maybe your skin is a little more sensitive than mine.

• 1 decade ago

A lot of toothpastes have common ingredients. Perhaps you could try just using homemade dentrifice in the interest of isolating yourself from possible allergens. Mix three parts baking soda with one part salt. It won't taste at all like the toothpastes you are used to but try it for a week, if your skin stops peeling then you likely have a reaction to one of the many chemicals in most common toothpastes. If you want to get fancy you can add glycerin and a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil to make more like traditional toothpaste. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

The skin around you mouth? It may not have anything do with any of the brands, it's probably and ingredient in all of the toothpastes. So, you probably have a real sensitivity of some sort and it's a reaction. Try not to let it get on your skin.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

An allergen substance will not always cause pain, therefore you may still be prone to an allergic reaction. You may be brushing with a toothbrush that has hard bristles, try a softer one.

Source(s): 40 Years of Medicine
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, most toothpaste companies use the same basic formula for toothpaste, so I'd recommend that you use a hypoallergenic toothpaste.

• 1 decade ago

maybe try using a natural toothpaste? Tom's has a good selection.

• 1 decade ago

that sounds bad. go see a dentist/dr. you could have a condition causing the problem as opposed to being allergic.

• 1 decade ago

no thats not normal....you really should go to the doctor and see whats up.

• 1 decade ago

sounds more like your gums are sensitive.

• 1 decade ago

check you blood suger.

www.webmd.com

www.bwspl.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.