Hydrocodone vs Oxycodone which is stronger? ?

I have been perscribed with both Hydrocodone and Oxycodone for TMJ and pain reasons. To me a 5mg Vicodin (Hydro) is about the same as a 5mg Percoset (Oxycodone). I have looked up the equivilancys and it seems like Oxycodone is a little bit stronger but I dont know for sure. I have gotten answers from 5mg oxy = 5mg hydro to oxycodone is twice as strong as hydro.

They are different chemicals and have slightly different effects I guess but is there an equivilancy chart somewhere.

Both hydro and oxy are sold by people that I know, with Vicodin they are all around the same price even if its a 5mg, 7.5mg, or 10mg. Percs go for more depending on the miligram, and is usually more pricey. If 1mg hydro = 1mg oxycodone then why dont people buy hydros if they can get the 10mg for the same price as a 5mg percoset?

Anyways thanks I dont know if there is any answer but I have searched for this alot and am planning on becoming a Pharmasist so I know alot about these things. If you dont know the answer or dont have anything to say that will help me please dont respond but if you do that would be awesome.

Favorite Answer

Oxycodone is a schedule II

Hydrocodone is schedule III

Oxycodone is suppose to be stronger.

• Rosa

As you have been reading in other answer hydrocodone is the active ingredient in lortabs, lorcet, vicoden, vicoprophen, etc. It comes in 5mg. 7.5mg. 10 mg. depending on the product you are prescribed and is always combined with another product like tylenol or ibuprophen. It is a class III narcotic which means it can be called in to a pharmacy or refilled. Oxycodone is the active ingredient in percocets and percodans (which contain 5 mg oxycodone plus tylenol or asprin) and other fast release varieties. It can be obtained without combined ingredients and comes in at least 5mg, 15mg, 30mg, pure form. It also comes in the slow release form known as Oxycontin 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg, and I think 160mg. Oxycodone in all forms is a Class II narcotic which requires an original prescription each time(in the US). Oxycodone is 5 times stronger or more than Hydrocodone. Be careful, Oxycodone is one of the most addicting pain killer out there, a friend of mine toke an 80mg of pure Oxycodone (Oxycontin) and she died. Millions of people are addicted to it and some say is as strong as heroin , even better.

Oxycodone.

Of course, what if you're comparing Hydrocodone 7.5 to oxycodone 5? It's hard to say!

Oxycodone is CII, and hydrocodone is CIII (CI is contraband).

(You're not taking both, are you?!?! Is that safe?)

Source(s): This is in no way a professional opinion.

Several pain killer pills available.

Contact email: medspharmashop@yahoo.com

Text (US): (917) 791 6398

Hydros Yellows: 10/325-$4.50 each

Hydros Blues 10/500-$3.50 Each

30mg IR ritalin-$3.00 each

20 mg IR ritalin-$2.00 each

10mg IR ritalin-$1.5 each

30mg IR adderall-$3.00 each

20 mg IR adderall-$2.00 each

Percocet 5mg-round white- $3.00 each

Percs 10mg-oblong with name percocet on one side-$6.00 each

Morphine-$11 each

Dilaudid 8mg-$6 each

Dilaudid 4mg-$3 each

Xannies (White and yellow Bars)-$3.00 each

Roxi 30 blues-$9.00 each-sale!!

OC 80's-$15.00 each

Fent pops Atiq 1200mcg-$22.00 each

Fent pops Atiq 1600mcg-$27.00 each

Fent Patches Gel 100mcg-$12 each

vicodin-$3.67each

vals-$6 each

There is more and can be supplied upon request.

Contact email: medspharmashop@yahoo.com

Text (US): (917) 791 6398

Oxycodone! It's basically synthetic heroin.

OXYCODONE would be my awnser