Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

Some advice about the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Card Game...?

Well, I've officially been out of the game for quite some time, about 3 years. The last booster pack i purchased was probably Soul of the Duelest. I gave all my cards away, rare cards aswell. I have almost all the games for DS but i'm thinking whether or not i should start collecting the cards again, i remember how fun it was to play with my friends and older brothers. So should i start collecting again and if yes how should i start off?

Favorite Answer

I use to spend hundreds on Yu-Gi-Oh! cards each year. It was incredibly fun. I sold them all and the games I had. Recently I have been getting back into it, but I'm probably not going to go back to tournaments unless I build a strong deck again.

What I'm doing is I'm still buying cards but not as much as before seeing how only me and my friend play now which isn't very often. I suggest you do the same if you want to get back into it. Just limit the amount you buy.

Another thing to keep in mind is if you do start collecting, don't get rid of them again. Later in life when you have a wife and kids you can show them what you use to do when you were young. They may not be as rare as baseball cards but they will still be worth a truck load to you.

Sure you should get into it again....LoL. Buy 3 Dark Emperor structure decks and there is the backbone to a very strong deck at a cheap price. I now run this remove from play deck with lots of monarchs, they work very well together. Continuous Traps Macro Cosmos & Spells Dimensional Fissure allow you to have an endless supply of tribute fodder with D.D.Survivors & D.D.Scout Planes. DDR is also a great card in here as it allows you to special summon your removed from play monarchs (though only Kuraz's effect rehappens). Cyber Dragon and Morphing Jar also work beautifully in with this deck, but dont waste your time with Monster Reborn. And if you really want to annoy the hell out of your opponents sometimes, chuck in a Gravekeepers Servant Spell card. If they cant destroy this card, or discard from the top of their deck to the graveyard....they cant attack!! Good luck with the comeback!!!!

I agree with Hacked. You should start. After all it is a fun game, ignoring the comments of some people who just criticize everything in life. Do what Hacked said, don't buy a lot of cards each year if you don't play that much and keep them for later times.

Yes you should I stopped for like four years and i started again not to long ago and i love it still, as for starting off start anywhere whether it's booster packs or structure decks anywhere's fine just don't get Elemental Hero's

Source(s): Experiances
  • Rosa

Start buying Hidden Arsenal 3, and get 3 copies of Dragunity Phalanx, since Dragunity decks must have them. This is my build: Monsters (17) 3x Dragunity Phalanx 3x Dragunity Dux 3x Dragunity Arma Mystletainn 3x Dragunity Legionnaire 2x Malefic Stardust Dragon 1x Dragunity Javelin 1x Dragunity Corsesca 1x Dragunity Brandistock Spells (14) 3x Dragon Ravine 3x Cards of Consonance 2x Pot of Avarice 2x Mystical Space Typhoon 1x Monster Reborn 1x Foolish Burial 1x Book of Moon 1x Giant Trunade Traps (9) 2x Icarus Attack 2x Dimensional Prison 2x Solemn Warning 1x Solemn Judgment 1x Mirror Force 1x Torrential Tribute Extra Deck (15) 1x Ally of Justice - Catastor 1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier 1x Dragunity Knight - Gae Bulg 3x Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana 1x Black Rose Dragon 3x Dragunity Knight - Barcha 2x Stardust Dragon 1x Red Dragon Archfiend 1x Trident Dragion 1x Red Nova Dragon The idea is abusing Phalanx: get it to the grave using Dragon Ravine, Foolish Burial and Cards of Consonance. Then you summon up Dux, who brings back Phalanx, who then unequips and gives you a 6* Synchro. Make that one Vajrayana, and you can put phalanx on it unequipping and giving you an easy 8* Synchro. With Phalanx on the field, Mysteltainn sends it to the grave, Special Summons it and makes an 8* Synchro as well. That's the basics of a Dragunity deck, but you MUST have Dragunity Phalanx if you want to use one well.

i used to play yu-gi-oh but i started to find it a little annoying how it was always the same type of deck winning every tournament,in my opinion u shouldnt start again,i got into magic the gathering and theres alot more strategy involved

Wow, i thought that died out a week after pokemon.

• kids still play those? wow..

no, you shouldn't...