Are Light skinned black girls considered prettier?

Everyone tells me light skinned black girls are prettier and mostly have prettier bodies and hair...Do you agree? I think it's mostly true to be honest but there are some pretty medium skinned black girls!!!! I dont understand why people favor light skinned black girls because there are pretty MEDIUM skinned ones too i live around a lot of black people..Anyway im not complaining because im high yellow have wavy hair hazel eyes/greenish a tight little body and LOVING all the attention, praise and special treatment i get for my light skin and mid back hair a green eyes!!!

Favorite Answer

It is soo stupid to make people of your own race feel bad because of their skin!! its just retarted and i think no one should do it EVER because white ,latins, and ESPECIALLY indians and asians do it the most and it needs to STOP!! That is something they cannot control and thank you for standing up for them!! I'm light skin too but i have dark friends .

Some of the prettiest females I have seen (and I'm not gay) have that milk chocolate skin that looks like it's bronzed and soft as a baby's butt and I envy them. Darker skin holds it's youthfulness longer as well. I have seen plenty of light complexioned girls who were shall we say "Thank God beauty is in the eye of the beholder" material. Although I am light complexioned and seem to be thought of as attractive or pretty, I would not want someone who is solely attracted by that. Beauty fades but dumb is constant.

I saw this on the Tyra Show. I think they're some light-skinned girls who are pretty, some who aren't. Some dark girls who are also pretty, and others are not. Depends on personality, the way you carry yourself, etc. Putting a stereotype on your own race, is wrong. Why would anybody want to put somebody down? I find it dumb.

for some reason our society believes that lighter skin =better looking and prettier.

this is not true. there are so many beautiful women who are dark, dark, dark!!

this subject makes me really upset actually. i know that a lot of women go to extremes to make their skin lighter , because they think they will be more beautiful that way. I heard of one woman who got so upset about the color of her skin that she put bleach, yes the kind that you use in the laundry, on her face.

We are fed a white standard of beauty in this country, it's quite sickening actually.

no they aren't prettier. In my opinion dark brown black girls are prettier and catch my eye more open. They also get A LOT of attention. Seems like your living in a fantasy world and your very insecure and jealous. Get some self esteem.

Yes, my opinion and the opinion of all my guy friends (teenage males) is that light-skinned black girls are prettier. This is especially true of half-black girls. There are definitely pretty girls with darker skin, but in general light skin is more attractive.

yes, especially the big heavy-set ones with spider veins and back acne.... seriously? beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you can't possibly expect there to be a specific answer to this given the wide range of people who will answer it.

Source(s): common-sense

Beauty is only skin deep!

i more attracted to light skinned black girls and especially hispanic women!

yes