what is conformity? introduction to sociology..?

uhhmm, im going to make a collage about conformity for my sociology assignment but i dont know what it means, please help

Favorite Answer

Conformity is basically society pushing a set of beliefs on a people, and all of those people follow it.

Think of fads- fads are pushed onto the public, and more and more people try to dress a certain way or act a certain way to fit in with the fad. 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's.....there was the disco scene, the flower scene, the emo scene, the SCENE scene, the gangster scene.

Think of it as this: You enjoy sleeping in. But lately, your parents are telling you NOT to sleep in, to wake up early and get back "on schedule". What schedule? The schedule of society- wake up early, work all day, go to sleep early at night. Anyone who has a career pretty much follows this routine, and people who have kids try to enforce this system into their children, even though it's been psychologically proven that for some people this schedule is actually incredibly counter-productive. Yet, it's still forced upon them. And eventually, due to nagging, or due to new responsibilities such as school or a job, you wake up early.

Conformity Definition Sociology

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): conformity introduction sociology: https://tr.im/7xbeP

yes you could dot it all round with clocks for timekeeping and must have rolex watches - t.V - latest 'autumn' colours from the autumn fashiion house collections - Music chartlists alongside promotional publicity for someone's new record -

I'd love a collage that showed us what sheep we are.Just think about the messages you hold of your own conformity to what society wants.For twenty years I have worn all grey clothes outside and all white clothes inside because it is my rule and I still find myself liking the shop window displays and the 'new' colours and wonder how on earth it got inside my brain when I dont watch T.V or read newspapers

• void

Acting according to certain accepted standards

Orthodoxy in thoughts and belief

Data accepted by a group of people either economic or social or religious so as to be followed.

• Jake

Exactly what the answers above say. That was what I would have put anyway. There is no reason for me to duplicate their answers.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axQPP

my god, you wrote out the entire take home test! time to get the book out and study...