Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I need an inspirational quote. Any ideas?

I need a passage from the bible, something that is inspirational, at least a few lines long. It doesn't have to be from the bible, it can be from any religion or just any famous quote in general that is inspirational. Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

I don't know what kind of inspiration you need. I like this one off the top of my head: Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in perfect harmony. - Gandhi

And you might gleen a couple of lines from the poem The Desiderata

http://www.fleurdelis.com/desiderata.htm

Hope you will be inspired by these.

On LOVE:

Love is long-suffering and kind.

Love is not jealous, it does not brag

It does not get puffed up,  does not behave indecently

It does not look for its own interests

It does not become provoked.

It does not keep account of the injury.

It does not rejoice over unrighteousness

But rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

(1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

On hope:

Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth."--Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:5)

"The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it." (Psalm 37:29)

"But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell." (2 Peter 3:13)

"..Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:3-4)

On faith:

"Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld."

(Hebrews 11:1)

On marriage:

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their hard work. For if one of them should fall, the other one can raise his partner up...And a threefold cord cannot quickly be torn in two." ((Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)

On love of God:

"Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever."

(1 John 2:17)

A great day to you!

EDIT: I wouldn't want to miss this great scripture:

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life"

(John 3:16)

Source(s): The Holy Bible

Depends on what kind of inspiration you need here are some of my favorites:

We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people.

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand.

Woodrow Wilson (1856 - 1924)

also a friend told me this once, I don't know if it was his or he was quoting someone or not but i like it: by the way its a little tung and cheek but i like it.

"There are always only two things to worry about:

if you are well or sick

if you are well good work on everything else if not then

if you will get better or die

if you will then good if not then

if you go to heaven or hell

if you go to heaven then good if not then

you will be so busy shaking hands with your friends you wont have time to worry."

Source(s): www.quotationspage.com

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

"Remember your Creator, in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them"- before the sun and the light, and the moon and the stars grow dark, and the clouds return after the rain; when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men stoop, when the grinders cease because they are few, and those looking through the windows grow dim; when the doors to the street are closed and the sound of grinding fades; when men rise up at the sound of birds, but all their songs grow faint; when men are afraid of heights, and of dangers in the streets; when the almond tree blossoms, and the grasshopper drags himself along, and desire no longer is stirred. Then man goes to his eternal home, and mourners go about the streets. Remember him—before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well, and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Everything is meaningless!" Not only was the Teacher wise, but also he imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs. The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true. The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one Shepherd. Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body. Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."

"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Source(s): Proverbs 3:5-8, Ecclesiastes 12, Colossians 2:2~3, Galatians 2

Jhn 14:6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Source(s): Holy Bible NLT

My girlfriend tells me everyday that, im worth more than a thousand stars shining in the sky, it always makes me feel so much better.

Makes you really feel like your worth something to someone:)

I do so hope you find what your looking for

Moroni 7:47

But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.

Source(s): Book of Mormon

I don't have any from the Bible, but I do have one nonetheless:

"I can only show you the door, you are the one that must walk through it"

You can find them at this website

Everyone is a thief, a liar and an infidel. But there are those who strive to do well and those who don't.

Source(s): Mine