Is it true Kevin Rudd tripled immigration into Australia next year?

Favorite Answer

I haven't heard that, but as an immigrant to Australia I do have an opinion on the subject. I am a skilled worker from Britain, living here with my Canadian girlfriend . We both migrated to Perth this year, as there is a considerable skills shortage here. We both live & work as Aussies, we pay a lot of money in taxes, we are both law abiding, and we make an effort to integrate & make a contribution to Australia. Having been through the extremely rigorous immigration process for Australia, I can tell you they don't give out visas willy nilly.They have to be satisfied that you are coming to Australia to make a contribution, not be a drain on resources. How the system works with asylum I can't say, but I can tell you that the system for skilled workers is set up so that you have to REALLY want to come here to make it through the process.

No, I cant imagine that he would increase it from 200k to 600k, our economy isn't growing fast enough for that. We already have full employment (like 3% unemployment), and there wouldn't be enough new jobs created to employ them all.

The Rudd Government has a very similar immigration policy to what the Howard Government had.

Don't know I am too busy packing my bags to live in Sydney.