If you were a teenage parent?

I have been reading some of the meaning thing people say to these young ladies who are teenage parents.Why are people being so mean? Help don't hate.Im 27 and had a child when I was 15 and am a very successful business owner. I know how it feels to be where they are at; why cant people give good advise to these girls and not judge?

Favorite Answer

I agree. While it breaks my heart when i see a teenage mother, I would never criticize them just because they are young. I was 17 when I got pregnant so i understand where these girls are coming from. Whats sad is a lot of girls now and days TRY to get pregnant. They have no idea what they are getting into. I do believe that, given the right resources and the right mentoring, a teenage mother has a lot of opportunities. My mission is to help these girls know that they do have options and to help them make the right decisions to better themeselves and the life of their child.

Most people who were never in these girls shoes only see one side - the teenage girl who doesnt know who the father is and lives off the government and expects her parents to raise the child. While I do see a lot of that happening, it goes on with adult mothers and fathers too.

I was a teenage parent and now have 6 beautiful children the oldest being 22. They are all happy and healthy and we all managed to survive it all without any major hiccups.

But it isn't something that I would recommend to any young girls out there who are thinking about becoming pregnant. It's a long hard road that is 24/7.

i know what you mean. i'm 18 and i just had my daughter and the if i ask a question and want quality answers, i omit my age or else i get a bunch of ignorant people saying i should have had an abortion or given her up or that i was being irresponsible. ok so maybe at the time that she was conceived i was irresponsible, but my daughter is very well taken care of and LOVED. people typecast teenage mothers as dumb, high school drop outs/ promiscuous girls and that isn't the case in MANY situations. i usually just ignore the "haters" and appreciate those who truly want to help

Because a lot of these girls expect their parents to raise the babies, and don't even know who the daddy is, or just didn't try and prevent a pregnancy and are now surprised that they're knocked up. Why be nice to someone who's so dumb? I mean some people HONESTLY try to prevent pregnancy and wind up pregnant with their long term boyfriend, which is a totally different situation. Not to mention, I don't believe people under 17 have any business having sex.

because they think we're irresponsible and that we're gona put it all on our parents. Some teenage parents do but some actually take the responsibility. And some people are just very judgemental and it pleases them to be negative towards us. The best thing is to ignore them and dont let them get us down. I'm glad you're successful because you proved that ur not another statistic.

Source(s): 15 and pregnant, been there

Because some people think that all of human being are the same.. when they were a teen they use their mind and control it to not do sex before marriage and suddenly some teens who did'nt have the ability to control them self or did'nt have descipline got pregnant just because they couldn't stop thier hormones.. it is like what the heck!!! I THOUGHT WE THINK THE SAME

well I am 17 and to be honest because alot of adults now adays she us as just kids. we don't know what we are doing, we can't have our own perspectives, and that we can never be right. Now I am not saying all adults but a good majority is like that. I personally don't care what they think. when my baby is born I will do everything I have to to give my kid a good life. screw all of those who think that us young moms can't do it. They don't mean anything to us

Abortion, abortion, abortion