How do you get over someone?

I cant believe I'm sinking to this level of actually asking on yahoo. :(

But here it goes

Last March I fell for my Best friend, I tried to get over it once, didnt work, tried to flirt in front of her to see what she would do (didnt work and yeah I feel bad for doing that and I promise not to do it again), and finally (especially now that she got asked out by a guy thats in the same play as me and her) I've realized that it's possible that I love her.......but she dosent feel the same way back. It's like that movie made of honor, only I wont get a happy ending.

The worse part I guess is that we have this sort of a group thing, and if her and this guy (who wasnt part of our group before) go steady, I become the fifth wheel and I wont just lose her but I'll lose my two other friends (who are going out) that are in the group too.

So the best thing for me (and the group) is just get over her, and think of her as just a friend too, but i dont know how. and I cant believe I'm stooping to this level but someone please help me!

Favorite Answer

I hate to break it to you...but there is no secret formula for getting over someone. Trust me...I was in the same situation as you a couple months ago. It's awful, it really is. The only cure is time. It's only been a month and a half since my best friend and I broke it off because she didn't feel that same way about me that I felt about her, and granted that time was some of the most difficult. But now I'm doing so much better. I haven't found anyone else yet, but it seems more like I've found myself.

The best thing to do is relax, and think of the good things you have going for you. You'll heal in time, and if things are really meant to be...then they will work out in the end.

Best of Luck!

You'll be fine.

DUDE!!!! DO NO ASK SOMEONE ELSE OUT THAT YOURE SERIOUS ABOUT!!!!!!! date sure but dont get serious pull her aside(like go on a group date and ask her for a dance) and tell her for falling in love with her i wont gaurentee results will be good but dont just move on

• Elena

Ask someone else out who would get along with your group... why not?