How do I set up wireless connection with a Super G wireless router?

I have a Super G wireless router and I can't connect it with my laptop and my desktop. The gateway is unabled, while both connection is connected. What do I do?

Favorite Answer

Make sure your wireless adapter support Super G. Next, RTFM on how to set up your router.

• Rosa

You are going to need a wireless router (I have a linksys if that helps), a wireless laptop card (if your computer is not wireless capable already) and depending on your preference, you could also get a wireless NIC card for your desktop as well. If you don't want to do that, you can leave your desktop the way it is. The brands don't really make a difference (just like with most things) When you pay more for a brand name product, all you are really paying for is the name itself. They all do the same thing. Basically it will set up like this: your internet connection will come out of the wall, into the modem, from the modem to the router, and the router will connect wirelessly to your laptop. Like I said before, you could make the desktop wireless as well if you don't like all the wires everywhere, but you don't have to because the desktop can just connect to the router via an ethernet cable.

Is your laptop and PC wireless or are you using adapters?