How do I know he can get remarried?

I have been dating an amazing guy for about 6 months. He is 7 years older than me, but our age difference bother us. The only thing is that he has been married before, and he has a daughter with his x. He and his x were together for 5 years and got married and had a baby and then divorced because she confessed she was gay. We haven't been together for very long so I am trying not to get too caught up in the future, but its difficult not to think about. I adore his daughter and I am very sure that I love him. I am just worried that he does not feel the same. And to be honest, he doesn't show any sort of signs that he feels differently than I do, but we have not said I love you yet, as we don't want to take things too quickly. My only dilemma with him is that im not sure he will get remarried and I am afraid to ask of his thoughts. I don't want to scare him or anything, I just don't want to be wasting my time with someone who wont want to be married again or have more children. The only other thing I have a difficult time dealing with is that we only see each other on the weekends and he doesn't always give me the attention I want after not seeing him for days. There are times when he will play around on the computer for a long time instead of paying attention to me. And we talk on the phone but our conversations are usually short and uneventful. Many times the reason they are short is because he has his daughter with him and needs to pay attention to her. I just don't know what to make of any of this.

Maybe I should be more clear, I am just unsure of when I should tell him I love him. I want to talk to him about our future but I don't want to scare him. He jokes around a lot about us getting married, and im not sure what to make of it. And when he isn't paying attention to me it usually doesn't take him very long to realize that I feel neglected and he will tell me why he is busy or stop what he is doing to be with me. I just don't know how to get his attention without being too clingy.I want to know how to approach him without making him feel pressured.

• stacy
    Favorite Answer

he's telling you he isn't ready for a serious commitment. you should not be so available to him. go out with your friend's more.date other guy's. if he is worried about you,he'll show more interest.

you should make more since