I have made some wine and this time it is still fizzy when the bottles are opened. What happened?

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I have made the same recipe before and not had this problem. I use grape juice, yeast and sugar.

Favorite Answer

you just had a second fermentation in the bottle,just like champagne, the fermentation process didn't finish when you bottled the whine and you didn't stop it

before you bottle your wine make sure you stop the fermentation process, by cooling your tank, yeast doesn't work in cold temperatures, this way you can control how much sugar you wanna leave in y our wine, because once you get to the level you wish you stop the process and bottle your wine.

without knowing your methods or equipment i can guess at best what happened.

1. to much sugar and the yeast has not converted all the sugar to alcohol.

2. bottled to soon.

3. to much yeast and sugar and you made sparkling wine.

How did it taste? you didn't tell us the important information we need to help you.

Making wine and beer are both simple but you need to be careful about methods, measuring, sanitation, etc. to get it just right. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Source(s): retired chef uncle makes wine at home and I help

You never killed the yeast to stop fermentation.You can use Campden tablets to kill the yeast.Use 1 tablet per gallon of wine.Detailed directions are on the Campden tablet bottle.Good luck.

it is fermenting still. i think you did it wrong.