Can my apartment complex change my carport space even if it was written in my lease?

I received a notice saying that myself and other will be re-assigned carport spaces due to high amount of complaints that one carport has been occupied by two residents. The new space i was given is two buildings down and a good distance away. I feel that this is wrong because it was written in my lease agreement and its a contract. After all, I am not the one who assigned the spaces to begin with and my spot was not one of the ones being used by two residents... Management told me that they are sorry but the change has been made and the cant do anything for me.

Favorite Answer

No they can not change your carport if it is written in the lease. It would be the same as them telling you that we are going to move you into a different apt.

You had better contact an attorney asap.