Amanda B asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

dos anyone know how i can make my period come down?

im 21 year old female and its been gone for 8months now and i m not pregnant

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I went thru the exact same thing...you definitely need to go see a GYN...please don't take too long to do this...I did...and I've gained more than 50 pounds because of it....you might have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome)....need to check it out...ASAP!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are many things that can cause someone not to have a menstrual period.

It could be extreme dieting, or a very intense exercise program. Birth control is also a cause.

But there are also some diseases and hidden illnesses that can be the cause. Some of those illnesses may not have any other symptoms, and may be easily treated before giving you other problems.

I'd suggest you go see a doctor. The absence of a period can be a serious thing. They will be able to find the cause, and if needed, begin treatment.

• 1 decade ago

since u are 21 i recommend that u seek proffesional help because a doctor can find out what is the problem...

• 1 decade ago

Are you extremely active? Extremely thin? that can affect things. Otherwise, sounds like something is really wrong that advice in this blog section won't fix...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

thats not good go to a doctor asap

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to a gynecologist.

• 1 decade ago

Please go see the doctor, honey.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.