Amanda B asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

dos anyone know how i can make my period come down?

im 21 year old female and its been gone for 8months now and i m not pregnant

Favorite Answer

I went thru the exact same thing...you definitely need to go see a GYN...please don't take too long to do this...I did...and I've gained more than 50 pounds because of it....you might have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome)....need to check it out...ASAP!

There are many things that can cause someone not to have a menstrual period.

It could be extreme dieting, or a very intense exercise program. Birth control is also a cause.

But there are also some diseases and hidden illnesses that can be the cause. Some of those illnesses may not have any other symptoms, and may be easily treated before giving you other problems.

I'd suggest you go see a doctor. The absence of a period can be a serious thing. They will be able to find the cause, and if needed, begin treatment.

since u are 21 i recommend that u seek proffesional help because a doctor can find out what is the problem...

Are you extremely active? Extremely thin? that can affect things. Otherwise, sounds like something is really wrong that advice in this blog section won't fix...

thats not good go to a doctor asap

Go to a gynecologist.

Please go see the doctor, honey.