what if you already questioned your faith?

im a christian, 24 year old, student, dont have a father died due to terminal disease, single mom of eraly age, have kids of three, the father of my kids went to accident and now is mentally incappable, have been into relationships and are all wasted, deppressed and life sucks for me..what hope would i expect for my self? did he(GOD) forgotten me?

Favorite Answer

Is false hope better than no hope at all? No, don't worry about that. Questioning your faith and becoming agnostic/atheist doesn't mean having no hope. My life has been more clearheaded, cheerier since I fully questioned my faith and became atheist.

Your life does sound difficult, and I won't pretend I can give you any good specific advice. But being open eyed and clearheaded in your approach to your problems and to your life will leave you happier.

I hope circumstances improve for you.

• MSB

I'm Wiccan/Unitarian Universalist. I believe in a Higher Power, but I don't believe that Higher Power makes good things or bad things happen to us. The Higher Power provided us with an amazing Universe, and life, an overall beautiful thing if not sometimes difficult. Another thing we have is choice-- how we act, or react to things, and how we let it affect our lives.

Sometimes things happen that we have no control over; illnesses, accidents. I don't believe these things were designed for us personally; they just happen. My faith helps to give me the tools to deal with these things, to look at the bigger picture and move onward and upward.

Sometimes we make bad choices, like having a child at an early age, which can make getting our lives on a better course difficult. I'm not judging, I had a child at an early age. It made things harder for me for a while than they probably would have been had I not had her. But, I am glad I did, she's wonderful (18 now), and having her made me realize I had to grow up and be more responsible and make better choices, which I did. Wasn't easy, not by a long shot, but I did it, and am glad of the lessons I learned from the experience. My faith helped me through this also, reminding me that I'm not perfect, but I am still responsible to live with the consequences of my actions and do my best to improve myself-- not just for me, but for my family.

It's a waste waiting around for someone to solve our problems; problems are part of life, we all have them-- even people who don't talk about them much and seem happier, it's not because they don't have problems. It's because they've learned to deal with them better and have a better attitude about them and are able to see the bigger picture, put their problems into perspective, go on doing what they need to do and still enjoy life. That's what my faith has given to me; not the solution to my problems, but the ability to look at the bigger picture, the strength to do what I need to do, and the ability to love and appreciate life regardless of the problems.

Probably not, but you are showing signs of depression which makes it hard to feel anything, much less his presence. You should consider speaking to a social worker or psychologist for the sake of your children. Dealing with a handicapped husband in addition to three kids puts you at high risk for depression.

At the very least, perhaps you could get into a group therapy session with people of similar faiths and experiences. It is good to have people who understand and have been there around you. Good luck.

You always have a Father in the Lord.

Go back to the Gospel According to St. Matthew, Chapter 10: 29-31

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: better are you than many sparrows.

My answer will be this: life sucks. I'm very sorry to hear about your circumstances, but you do have good things in your life. I assume that you have friends that care about you, your children love you, and you can keep going. I don't know if there is a God or if He forgets anyone, but you can still live a good life. Good luck!

It's not that God forgot about you, it's just that he has a hilariouse sense of humor.

Do you really think God/Satan did all that to you? Are you willing to man up and realize you need to fix this yourself instead of hoping a pie in the sky will do it for you?

Source(s): atheist

faith isn't the "absence" of fear or doubt, it is "believing" in the midst of it...

Isaiah 49:15

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

PLEASE run and get a copy of GRACE WALK by Steve McVey!! It is a very SHORT and simple read that will change your life! It has been a HUGE blessing and freedom in my life!

You need a therapist to help you see that like is not all sucky and give you advice on ways to improve your life. By looking at you life he/she will be able to help you find a path that will help you enjoy life a little more.

The answer to you questions and the answer to your problems are contained in the Conversations with God books by Neale Donald Walsch...Available at your library.. God bless you..

God, being a fiction, cannot help you. So you will have to look to other sources for any assistance you may require.

Source(s): Stenger, God - the Failed Hypothesis