What do you remember most about the last wedding you went to?

What details did you notice, and what were the highlights.

Wedding and Reception rather.

Who went through and thumbs downed everyone. Grow up. Grrrrr! If I knew who did it I would make sure not to pick you as best answer. Jerk!

• Jess
    Favorite Answer

I remember the reception venue serving heaps of food to the bridal table and the parents table (it was an horsdeourves reception but they still had tables), while the other tables got hardly any food. I remember this because the mother of the bride was talking about how impressed she was with the food etc. to a number of guests but after she walked away the guests spoke about how the venue mislead them into thinking everyone enjoyed as much food as they did. They hadn't told people it was an horsdeourves reception beforehand so there were a lot of hungry people (but I think everyone was too polite to say anything!)

As for the ceremony, I remember the bridesmaid's dresses because they were really nice. They were a blue-grey colour and all of the girls looked stunning.

The last wedding I attended was probably three or four years ago now. It was July and quite sunny. The ceremony was held outside a lovely house (that is specifically rented for weddings and other special occasions) on the big, grassy lawn.

I remember quite a lot about the people, but I won't go into that since you appear to be asking for physical details.

Anyway, I remember the house having all these little nooks and rooms. It was great for just sitting and talking, but unsuitable for the buffet. You had to wander from room to room in order to get food. I didn't get enough to eat but plenty to drink in one of the main rooms.

Also, for some reason, the actual dining areas were split into three rooms. I missed out on the cake-cutting ceremony because of that. I did, however, see the presentation of the bride and groom as they came down a staircase.

I don't remember what the flower arrangements looked like, but I do remember seeing lots of mirrors in the house. Really opened up the space, including the niches.

The last wedding I went to was my own in July, but I suspect that's not the point of your question.

Before that, it was the wedding of my now sister-in-law in April. What I most remember about the ceremony was the 4000 photographs. What I most remember about the reception was the cash bar, that SUCKED.

But the flowers? The dresses? The colors? The centerpieces? The music? The cake? All the insignificant details that most brides tend to obsess over to an unhealthy degree? Didn't notice any of them either way.

• y2-y1

The bride's dress was beautiful, but she had a spray tan that made her look orange. Her Mother's dress was about 2 sizes too little, and it appeared she hadn't had anything done with her hair - looked like she had just crawled out of bed.

During the wedding there were so many crying babies/children actually running around - including the bride's daughter who was supposed to be an attendent - that I couldn't hear what the pastor was saying.

Very distracting.

The food was finger style and was actually very fresh and good. They had the best wedding cake I've ever had. Her centerpieces were floating candles in a crackle glass bowl that set up on gold feet - very classic.

Well, two of my best friends were married last winter within a week of each other so I can answer for two weddings.

On the first one, i remember that all of her bridesmaid dresses were black but that they were all different, because she let them choose their own. Also, her future sister-in-law, who was a bridesmaid, passed out right before they said their vows because she accidentally locked her knees. lol.

I was a bridesmaid in the other wedding, which was extremely laid back. We played hangman while we were waiting in a back room for the wedding to start...haha...the bride, my best friend, definitely didn't seem nervous. Umm...also, they had a slide show of pictures from both of them growing up. It was a little long, but I liked seeing the pictures because i had known her for 8 years but had only met her groom once before the actual wedding stuff (the rehearsal).

The bride's dress was beautiful but waay too much dress. A cathedral length dress and she needed help every time she moved at the church. When they were by the altar, the MOH AND the officiant had to help her.

During the ceremony, it was the groom who became teary-eyed and the bride reached over several times to wipe a tear - sooo romantic

The reception was beautifully decorated and it was a simple banquet hall. Low lights. They took huge flower pots, weighted them down, filled with tulle and put a wrought iron hook with a lantern in them - beautiful.

They also decorated a table with white rose petals, small crosses and had pictures of their relatives who had passed on.

• n2mama

Certainly the highlight was my daughter as the flower girl! And the thing that stood out about the reception was how bad the speech by the groomsman was. It had nothing to do with the bride and groom as a couple, and just kind of rambled on and on.

My favoirte part of the last wedding I went to was the father/daughter dance. The bride didn't want to cry during the dance so her and her father did a Merengue. It was so much fun to watch and then the groom tried to dance with his mother-in-law, it was so cute. Everyone loved it.

• Damsel

Considering it was on Friday, I'd say everything...it started 1 and 1/2 hours late, but the bride's gown was beautiful (it was made by her mother in law too). I also loved the location. Outdoors in an amphitheater.

The bride and groom's first dance to The Darkness' "I Believe in a Thing Called Love." :)

It was great!