Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

chambord?? please help?

i think ive had that drink is it raspberry it was yummy in a round bottle with gold bits whats chambord 7?

how do you like to drink your chambord?

thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Gwynny
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Chambord Liqueur Royale de France is a liqueur made in the Loire valley in France. It dates back to 1685 when Louis XIV visited Château de Chambord. It is made from black raspberries, blackberries (mûre), honey, vanilla, and cognac. It has no preservatives and must be consumed within six months otherwise the ingredients separate. It comes in a spherical bottle with a gold plastic lettered 'belt' around the middle. The bottle is modeled after a Globus cruciger, which reflects Chambord's royal connection. It is 16.5% alcohol by volume.

Common drinks made from Chambord include Chambord Daiquiri, Chambord Royal Spritzer, Little Purple Men, The Purple Hooter Shooter, Sour Grapes, Peanut Butter and Jelly (w/ Frangelico or Castries Peanut Cream), Grape Crush, French Martini which started the 'cocktails as a Martini' craze, the "Blood of Christ",and the original Sex on the Beach.

Source(s): wiki
  • 1 decade ago

Yep, it is raspberry liqueur. You can make a Kir Royale with Champagne and Chambord or Kir with dry white wine and Chambord.

Here are some more:

http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/1684/

• Koko
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes it is raspberry black raspberry actually, and it's just a lovely drink, I prefer to sip mine straight at room temp

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.