Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Presidential Debate, please help if can! ?

Hi everyone.

My name is Lily, and my homework assignment for the weekend was to make a chart of the Presidential Debate of 2008 between Barack Obama and John McCain.

The chart was to have 3 columns and 10 rows.

Question --- McCain's answer --- Obama's Answer

But, while i watching the presidential debate, i didn't get 10 questions. My history teacher also said, that there would be over 40 questions.

I'm begining to think he is a retard =/

But, my question is how many questions were in the debate?

I know that there was not over 40 questions.

Please help if you can~

Favorite Answer

Here is a link to a copy of the transcript to that debate. From there you should be able to figure out the number of questions and such.

Good luck.

Transcript if available at link below. It's hard to explicitly identify each question as the format was intended to be a dialog. That is why Lehrer kept trying to get them to talk to each other.

Anyway, from the transcript, if you look for "Lehrer:" which is when Jim Lehrer said something, you then can see if he asked a question. Regarding new questions, I counted approximately 12 but there was a lot of back and forth going on within each question. I don't know if those would be counted as separate questions.

If your assignment was for the weekend, why are you doing this Sunday night???

Heres the transcript...http://www.olemiss.edu/debate/debate_news/details.... ...knock yerself out.

Next time do your homework before Sunday night.

There were 8 sets of questions. I don't know if you can break it down more than that, but that was it.

You're right your teacher is a retard.

I counted 52 questions.

• BOOM

Three.

It takes THREE licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Oh wait, what?

Oh.. sorry. Um.. do your own work, please.