Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Presidential Debate, please help if can! ?

Hi everyone.

My name is Lily, and my homework assignment for the weekend was to make a chart of the Presidential Debate of 2008 between Barack Obama and John McCain.

The chart was to have 3 columns and 10 rows.

Question --- McCain's answer --- Obama's Answer

But, while i watching the presidential debate, i didn't get 10 questions. My history teacher also said, that there would be over 40 questions.

I'm begining to think he is a retard =/

But, my question is how many questions were in the debate?

I know that there was not over 40 questions.

Please help if you can~

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a link to a copy of the transcript to that debate. From there you should be able to figure out the number of questions and such.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

Transcript if available at link below. It's hard to explicitly identify each question as the format was intended to be a dialog. That is why Lehrer kept trying to get them to talk to each other.

Anyway, from the transcript, if you look for "Lehrer:" which is when Jim Lehrer said something, you then can see if he asked a question. Regarding new questions, I counted approximately 12 but there was a lot of back and forth going on within each question. I don't know if those would be counted as separate questions.

If your assignment was for the weekend, why are you doing this Sunday night???

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Heres the transcript...http://www.olemiss.edu/debate/debate_news/details.... ...knock yerself out.

Next time do your homework before Sunday night.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There were 8 sets of questions. I don't know if you can break it down more than that, but that was it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You're right your teacher is a retard.

I counted 52 questions.

• BOOM
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Three.

It takes THREE licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Oh wait, what?

Oh.. sorry. Um.. do your own work, please.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.