which iz betta? liquid foundation or powder foundation?

recently, ive been putting on powder foundation but

my current foundation arent working as good as i hope

it wud. so im gonna buy anotha foundation ^__^

but which one shud i buy? powder or liquid?

which one clogs pores more? :O

i want dat natural look!! lyk dat japanese celebrities!! ^__^

fank u so much.

Update:

dis is da picture i want u to see.

it has dat natural look. dats da kind

i want my face to look with foundation on. =D

http://www.photo111.com/html/gallery/japanese/Tsuj...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Every skin has the right foundation, as everyone's different. No one rule applies. Just like the people that tell you liquid is bad are wrong, so too are the people that tell you powder is bad. What they're saying is that liquid or powder is bad for THEM, not you. All I can do is give advice based on your skin type and what look you're going for.

Questions to ask yourself:

1) What's my skin type? (Oily, dry, normal, combination)

If you're oily or combination, you can do a number of things. Powder is a good way to go because it absorbs oils and moisture very well, keeping you matte much longer than liquid alone. However, liquids like Studio Fix Fluid by MAC exist that are truly matte liquid foundations. My favorite look for oily skin is to use a nice liquid foundation to cover any blemishes or unevenness and lightly powder it to ensure it stays.

If you're normal, you can wear whatever, most of the time! Go with your gut on this one, but keep in mind that truly "normal" skin doesn't really exist. Everyone is either slightly more oily or slightly more dry, to be quite honest.

If you're dry, try a cream or hydrating liquid foundation. Powder will accentuate all the negatives on a dry skinned person, or it'll just fall off the face and not even adhere. Powder needs moisture to stick to. Hence, for dryer skins, you can even go without powder, unless you'd like just a little translucent powder to hold your makeup in place. Tinted moisturizers are also a great solution for a normal-to-dry skinned person, and are very natural.

Sometimes, a primer can really help, too. Try one that's mainly water-based, with just a little silicone to give it some slip, and some good skincare benefits, like Napoleon Perdis's Auto-Pilot Pre-Makeup Face Primer, or Smashbox's Photo Finish Light (the latter is better for oily skin).

Above all, just wear what you need. And, don't forget, you can always try minerals. They're powder, so they sorta fit the guidelines, but they tend to be less drying than traditional powders, so they're a little more flexible.

Source(s): I'm a makeup artist
  • Rosa
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

A powder foundation isn't going to give you the same coverage that a liquid will. It basically comes down to what is best for you and your skin. If you're more on the oily side you might want to switch to a powder like Bare Minerals that is going to control shine and leave you with a nice polished look. If you have dry skin I find liquid is the way to go as it can help hydrate the skin while using a powder can sometimes make the skin look chalky.

• 1 decade ago

ok, the only bad thing about liquid is that it clogs your pores. try to find a liquid one that is oil free too, or else your skin will become very oily.

Powder foundation is good becuase it doesnt soak into your poars. it leaves your face with a nice smooth look and it leaves your face shiny free! i like the Ulta brand becuase its only like 20 bucks....but Bare Minnerals is really good to!

Source(s): ive used both
  • 1 decade ago

Powder would clog pores more since it can get trapped in it and etc.

Liquid is better because it looks more fluid and smooth and it won't contrast on any facial hair (we have hair all over our face actually, but you can't see it due to its color)

But don't get crazy and apply too much liquid, then you will look like zac efron (no offense (:)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try bare minerals. it is really light, wont clog your pores and looks very Natural. liquid in general isn't the way to go for a Natural look.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

defiantely powder foundation.Liquid foundation does more harm than good on your face.It easily soaks into your skin and causes so many unhealthy negative effects.try this website purminerals.com and you will have the best mineral full coverage powders in town.goodluck

• 1 decade ago

Liquid clogs pores more then powder. I would use powder

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I use either and am quite satisfied w/the results from both of them. Use a quality product. I like aularale.com/7002 - they make everything for sensitive skin - and start w/taking care of your skin first and then apply foundation, etc.

Source(s): training/experience
  • Blythe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i like the maybeline dream matte mouse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.