Is there a way that I can view open windows on my home PC through another computer?

So I have to go to a class and I have a laptop and internet access at the class, and the problem is i will miss a good NFL game i really want to see. So my home PC has a TV tuner, and i am able to view the game on that PC with Windows Media Center. So i was wondering if there was a way i could remotely access my home pc from my laptop at school, and then watch the game that way.

I am indeed the owner of both PCs, it's not like i'm trying to hack a friends pc or anything, but if I have to resort to methods that would generally be considered illegal to do to unwilling participants, I am willing.

So is there any way you can help me out?

Favorite Answer

In general, yes. If you're using Windows XP, you can use Remote Desktop to connect to your home computer from your laptop in class as if you were sitting at home. The same feature is in Vista, but if you use any of the Home versions (Basic of Premium) it is disabled by default; you can enable this functionality with the instructions here: http://www.missingremote.com/index.php?option=com_...

Practically, though, in your specific application of viewing streaming video from your TV tuner through a Remote Desktop session (or any other remote-viewing software) is going to be less than pretty. You can try it and see how tolerable the lagginess is, but you may be better off trying to watch the broadcast on the network's Website directly.

You can purchase a subscription for gotomypc.com which will allow you to do that. However both computers will have to be pretty fast computers with a fast internet connection for the video to be viewed at a normal rate.