Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

My DVD-ROM Drive isn't working.?

I have a dell XPS 420 computer running on Vista 32x. My DVD-ROM drive is a PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S. I recently tried to burn a DVD and my computer froze. I did a hard shut down and now my DVD-ROM drive will open and close, but only makes a sound when a CD or DVD is put inside and doesn't do anything. i found another question like this and i tried to uplug the drive, boot the comuter, shut it down and plug it back in, no luck. Also, I tried to plug the drive into the other drive slot and no luck with that either. There also doesn't seem to be any available driver or firmware updates available. I really dont want to buy a new DVD-ROM drive, is there anything I can do?

Also, I just got this computer, with the drive, a month ago. (I don't reallly think it matters much though)

Favorite Answer

Try that drive with another computer. If it doesn't work, it's probably dead.

Dvd/Cd rom laser lens are basically being alive for sort of two years in case you utilize it plenty.the answer is to purchase a clean one.I advise you no longer even attempt to bathe the lens because of the fact i had that situation too and the stress did no longer examine the cleansing CD and my money bypass to waste.

nope, sounds like it's done.

go to newegg.com

you can get a really good one for around $40. not too expensive