Jesus is son of God.Then Mary is the wife of God?

Otherwise christains thinking Mary is virgin,then in common sense there is no father.Am i true or not,if not why?

Update:

marilyn m: First of all the word"person"referes to as a human being.and the word "father"is we are calling only to males.If Jesus is the son of God,then God must be male!!(god forgive to me!!)

If u r right,how can a spirit have son?.If a spirit have son,then why not a wife?

sweet luvv: so u r thinking mary had a immoral connection with God?

That guy Drew: According to u God gave birth to his son through his daughter(immoral offence).Every answers by christain friends saying Mary not the spouse(wife) of spirit,but u r saying mary is the spouse of spirit.r u not a christain?

some answers(all by christain friends)saying Mary is the wife of spirit ,but some answers saying Sprit have no need to marry a woman(compare Douglawrence,Robert P,Marilyn M).which is true? i am totally confused.Why u all not mainting a unique answer?

Ok.If u r all right,then i have one more question.If u r calling Jesus as son of God due to his unnatural birth(without a sexual relation),then why not Adam?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

God is The God Almighty, can not be less then a God Almighty.

He is unique and supreme. No one can be compared like Him.He is incomparable.

He creates no need to begate neither need to be begotten.

• 1 decade ago

Mary was a human and not a spirit or heavenly entity. Mary the mother of Jesus was described by God as “highly favored” (Luke 1:28). The phrase “highly favored” comes from a single Greek word, which essentially means “much grace.” Mary received God’s grace.

Mary did not have an “immaculate conception.” The Bible doesn’t suggest Mary’s birth was anything but a normal human birth. Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus (Luke 1:34-38), but the idea of the perpetual virginity of Mary is unbiblical. Matthew 1:25, speaking of Joseph, declares, “But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus.”

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mary was the mother of the earthly human Jesus Christ. She was not his wife. She was not married to God the Father, either. God the father lives in Heaven, as does God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Son became a man to live among men and tell them about God. Mary was onle a holy vessel chosen by God to carry Jesus the Son of God into the world. She was only the wife of Joseph. Mary became pregnant by a miracle of God. God placed Jesus in her womb. Don't ask me how, I don't know. And don't ask me about the sperms and eggs. I dont know. She did not have sex with God or get married. There was no need for that.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

No, Read the Bible, Mary was not married to God. What a silly notion. Jesus was God's Son for all of eternity, past and future. In our Bible God is a trinity, meaning three persons on one Godhead.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Trevor
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

First remember their is ONLY one God.

Jesus has no human father, but He is the Son of God the Father.

In a way you are right, Mary is the spouse of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Blessed Trinity.

Think of it this way.

Mary is the daughter of God the Father (as all Christians are children of God)

Mary is the Mother of God (Jesus is the 2nd person of the Blessed Trinity, He is God)

Mary is the spouse of God the Holy Spirit (Jesus was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Blessed Virgin Mary)

Our Blessed Mother has such an amazing role in our salvation, while Jesus alone is the Redeemer, the Holy Virgin played an important part.

• 1 decade ago

No, Jesus is the Son of God, a heavenly Father. Yes, Joseph had the role of father, but not physically. Mary got pregnant by the Holy Spirit. Mary was the wife of Joseph not the wife of God, she was the mother of Jesus.

• 1 decade ago

Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God. Mary is the mother of Jesus. Mary is the Mother of God. Mary was the wife of Joseph. Mary is the daughter of God the Father. Mary is the bride of the Holy Spirit. Mary is the Queen of Heaven.

• STAX
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Mary is not the wife of God. Where did you get that from?

Mary did not always remain a virgin. Jesus had other siblings. Here is what the Bible really says:

Mattew 13:53-56, JB: “When Jesus had finished these parables he left the district; and, coming to his home town, he taught the people in their synagogue in such a way that they were astonished and said, ‘Where did the man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers? This is the carpenter’s son, surely? Is not his mother the woman called Mary, and his brothers [Greek, a·del·phoi′] James and Joseph and Simon and Jude? His sisters [Greek, a·del·phai′], too, are they not all here with us?’” (On the basis of this text, would you conclude that Jesus was Mary’s only child or that she had other sons as well as daughters?)

Source(s): Christian Bible Reader
  • 1 decade ago

According to the most ancient interpretations of Chrsitian Scripture, Mary is the daughter of the Father, the mother of the Son, and the spouse of the Holy Spirit.

• 1 decade ago

Jesus the Christ is the Son of God.

Mary was the wife of Joseph.

Mary was a Virgin when she conceived Jesus the Christ.

Virgin - a person who has not had sexual intercourse

The Holy Spirit did not have sex with Mary:

Luke 1:35-37 (Modern King James Version)

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God nothing shall be impossible.

It is better to be blind and have vision than to have eyes and not be able to see.

Jesus Christ said "Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Matthew 13:13

Matthew 5:8 (MKJV)

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Source(s): John 3:3-21 (MKJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
  • 1 decade ago

Mary is the wife of Joseph, not the wife of God.

Protestants believe she conceived Jesus as a virgin, but then went on to have other children. Only Catholics believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary. You are right to say the virgin conception is not common sense. It is a miracle. Miracles defy common sense.

The concept of Mary's ever-virginity is crucial in the philosophical sense. She gave herself as a vessel freely. Her love is the kind of love that gives entirely, without any demands. It is something different than the normal love of a wife and mother. It exceeds that. It's higher than that. If she were a normal woman who gave birth to other normal children, then why would we think Jesus was anything special? The concept of Mary's virginity is part of the glue that holds the whole story together.

I hope this was helpful.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.