Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Groups · 1 decade ago

how do i get back mail that is bouncing from my groups?

not getting mail from my groups

Favorite Answer

If group messages sent to your email address are returned to Yahoo! Groups as undeliverable ("bouncing"), your Yahoo! Groups account may be temporarily disabled. Messages can be returned for several reasons:

Your mailbox may be full -- try deleting messages from your Inbox.

Your ISP may have a backlog of email to process -- contact your ISP.

Your ISP may be blocking email from Yahoo! Groups -- contact your ISP.

After checking the above reasons, you can reactivate your account:

Visit your My Groups page.

Look for a bounce alert near the top of the page.

Click Go to My Email Preferences.

Click Unbounce next to the bouncing email address.

This immediately sends an email to your mailbox. If it’s no longer bouncing, you’ll receive that email. Make sure to click on the link in that particular email.

Reactivating your account may not immediately restore email delivery if you get mail from several groups. The change in your status still needs to be propagated to all your groups. Usually, this happens within hours, but there may be occasions when it may take a day or more.

I don't think you'll get back e-mails that were bouncing, you'll get the posts once current once you're no longer bouncing

Why does it say my account is "bouncing"? How can I stop bouncing?

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/m...

If group messages sent to your email address are returned to Yahoo! Groups as undeliverable ("bouncing"), your Yahoo! Groups account may be temporarily disabled.

Messages can be returned for several reasons:

In many cases, Yahoo! Groups can automatically reactivate your account once the delivery problem is solved. However, this process can sometimes take a few days. To immediately reactivate your account:

Visit your My Groups page.

Click Go to My Email Preferences.

This immediately sends an email to your mailbox. If it’s no longer bouncing, you’ll receive that email. Click on the link in the email.

Note: Reactivating your account will NOT immediately restore email delivery. The change in your status still needs to be propagated to all your groups. Usually, this happens within hours, but there may be occasions (particularly if you’re in a group with more than 75 members) when it may take a day or more.

look in your spam folder