Passing Strange on DVD??? WHEN is it coming out?

I know Passing Strange was tapped by Spike Lee and is going to be put on DVD?

Has anyone heard of a release date on this yet... or has anybody heard anyting about it since the tapping?

Favorite Answer

Actually, dodol is wrong and Musicaltheatre16 is right!

Passing Strange was tapped by Spike Lee. The last performence was tapped on broadway as well as another one. And i should know cause i was there closing night when they tapped it... and Spike Lee was there talking about it. Thus they would not need to finish the script nor build a set.. cause it was a broadway show that was TAPPED!!! and not filmed.

And as of right now, I'm not sure. I was also wondering because it was such a great musical. I have heard that it will be in 2009, so there is still a while.... but it seems if they tapped RENT and showed it in Movie Theatres two weeks after the last performence, that this DVD should be well over done by now. Just my opinion.

• dodol

First of all, it was "filmed," not "tapped."

Second... the movie is still in pre-production phase (meaning, shooting hasn't started yet. They're probably still polishing the script and building the sets) and not due to be released (looks like this is a TV movie) until next year.

Third... release date are still pending for all I know. Be patient.