Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians: Why is believing that Jesus died for us more importan than spreading good? ?

Many Christians say the only way to heaven is to believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead, and that good deeds dont get ppl into heaven. Why is this true? Does that mean Ghandi went to hell, even though he spread peace?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, Christians really miss the point.

They are too concerned with going to heaven. They remain narrow minded and lacking in compassion.

• Elena
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I didnt know that the Christians believed that. It makes sense that Jesus died and rose from the dead, however it would make more sense that the good deeds that you do help you get into Heaven.

• 1 decade ago

Because when Jesus died, he died carrying your sins and when he died your sins also died with him and God said He would remember them no more. Jesus rose from the dead and assured us of the same if we believe in him. You can't be saved by any kind of work or kindness but only through the acceptance of Jesus Christ. That include Ghandi, Mother Theresa and the Pope.

• 1 decade ago

Believing that Jesus died for your sins will not get you into heaven. Any sins committed after Baptism have to be forgiven. God will take into account all the good you have done in your life when he judges you.The Church established by Christ is the only Church that possess the fullness of the means of salvation. Baptism and the Eucharist are both required for salvation. Outside the Church there is no salvation.Christ himself said Baptism is necessary for salvation, and unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you will not have life in you.The Church is on a mission to spread the Gospel to all the nations. When Christ comes again to judge the living and the dead, all the dead will rise. Those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgement. (John 5:29; Dan. 12:2)

EDIT....Good deeds will help you to get to heaven.The works of mercy are charitable actions by which we come to the aid of our neighbour in his spiritual and bodily necessities. Instructing, advising, consoling, comforting are spiritual works of mercy, as are forgiving and bearing wrongs patiently. The corporal works of mercy consist especially in feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and imprisoned, and burying the dead.(Matt. 25:31-46) Among all these, giving alms to the poor is one of the chief witnesses to fraternal charity. It is also a work of justice pleasing to God. (Matt. 6:2-4). So, "good deeds" will not help you to get to heaven?. Better check your Bible. If this is not in your Bible,then your Bible has been altered.

Source(s): The one true Bible of the Word of God.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Because modern Christianity is a religion about Jesus, not of Jesus.

It was Paul who constructed this religion about Jesus. It goes against a lot of what Jesus said, and allows people to be their selfish greedy selves.

• 1 decade ago

Well, i believe that the two go together. I believe that Jesus' death brought a great amount of good that people cannot see nor are they willing to take the time to understand. I believe that Jesus conquered sin through death. Sin no longer exists...

• 1 decade ago

No, that's wrong. The Gospel not about Jesus dying for our sins. Jesus spread the gospel. He can't be the gospel. A lot of Christians get that wrong. I mean, so what? Jesus could have died for our sins when He first made Adam and Eve because those were the first sinners. Why wait 2000 years later to do so after God flooded the world, rescued the Israelites, split up the Israelites, burned down Sodom and Gomorrah, etc? Think about it. God provides the Earth, moon, sun, a universe, plenty of fresh grass, clean water and just a couple rules to live by, you'd think we'd get it by now.

God even had us delivered out of captivity in Egypt. He rained bread, manna from Heaven, when we were starving. Since we were so forgetful about God's laws, He had Moses write it down. Made and ark to symbolize His promise, His covenant to be with us always. He sent us a bazillion prophets to warn of end times if we misbehaved because He knew the devil was out there causing a mess. But do we listen? Nooooooo. How much more of a bone does God have to throw?

It has to do with promises that God has kept for the people of Israel. God promises keeps His promises (unlike us, the heathens we are). He has every right to say, "Screw this. Kill yourselves off, all of you." He almost did when we decided to worship a golden calf and claimed it delivered us out of Egypt. Come on now, people, a statue delivered us from Egypt? Please. If I were God, I'd be pissed off, too.

But God's true Gospel is His Kingdom is coming to Earth with Christ at the head. Only a sinless being could be head of this government on earth that will bring 1000 years of peace and then some perfect eternity later on after God has cast the devil, the false prophet and all their followers into a Lake of Fire. A new Earth and New Heaven will be reborn without evil or death to destroy it.

You can't have that if you're tainted. The devil has convinced Christians to sin by producing false gospel that "Jesus Saves' is the only thing you need to worry about. You sin, you die. End of story. The devil doesn't get to enter the Kingdom of heaven so he doesn't want you to either. He doesn't care if you misunderstand the truth by a millimeter or a mile. Once you misunderstand it and do wrong by it, you've sinned. You die for all eternity. That's God's law.

But God loved us so much that He said, "You know what, I'm going to to make it easy for them." That's why Jesus, a sinless being, died for our sins, to pay for "our wages of death." so that we get another shot at eternal life. Those who've died will be resurrected and get a second chance at eternal life via the Kingdom of Heaven. That's the only way you're getting to Heaven. Sorry there is no short, no St. Peter standing at the pearly gates letting us in the back door because Peter is dead in the grave.

Jesus is the way to the Kingdom of Heaven (Obviously since he'll be running it), and we'd better get used to following His commandments. Because if you're going to be in that Kingdom, you're going to have to learn to follow some rules. If you can't handle those rules here on Earth, you think God's gonna let you stay with Him for eternity? Come on, now.

• 1 decade ago

Salvation is not relative to other humans. Salvation is a free gift from God. Believers do good works because as the bible says; "We are created unto good works". How could we take credit for works if God caused us to be born again and made us new creatures that do good works naturally.

• 1 decade ago

Because God declared that to get to heaven you need salvation in his son Jesus.

1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Doing good deeds will not give some one salvation.

Its not based on what we do but what God did for us.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If ghandi did not have salvation in jesus then according to God he will not get to heaven. Neither will any one else if they do not have salvation in Jesus.

• clap
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

according to danger the reason being in basic terms as you suggested. we'd desire to have self assurance through fact it is so stressful to have self assurance we are able to benifit from something some one did so some time past. proper? we don't benifit from something everyone has accomplished interior the previous. i'm particular this makes appropriate sense. you're incorrect. God has no longer forgiven us carte blanche. What he did grew to become into honor the appropriate sacrifice and any that decision upon the call of Jesus would be saved. in case you do no longer call you're no longer saved. in case you have the best trial criminal expert there ever grew to become into or a get out of reformatory loose card and you probably did no longer use it you may nevertheless be in reformatory. you do no longer % to have self assurance you suggested it your self you could't have self assurance this previous shaped archaic tale. Your delight, vanity and fake understanding are what carry you decrease back. that's no longer an absurd regulation. He who has the flexibility makes the regulation and that's no one right here on earth. God made it hassle-free have self assurance or no longer the alternative is yours. it incredibly is absurd to think of you may extremely danger hell than rattling your good judgment. ultimately, I incredibly have spoke back this already as quickly as this evening. enable us to declare you're proper and it grew to become right into a terror element or reward element that saved me in verify. i did no longer grow to be Hitler, Stalin, Jack the Ripper/Raper. I enjoyed my family members, friends, and tried to assist others as best i might desire to. Wow! i'm able to confirm why you % to sway me. have been I freed from those Christan chains i might desire to rape, kill, scouse borrow and characteristic all varieties of relaxing on the cost of something of the livestock. No...i will die a stable guy and need and pray you're a fool through fact the Bible says. My final act could be in straightforward terms to feed worms yet what in case you're incorrect...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.