How did you get your 40 volunteer hours when you were in high school?

Favorite Answer

I went to the front office, asked if they have any work to be done things to be coppied. i TA' (teacher assist) for like every teacher! i worked in the cafeteria (6.50 hr but they also gave me volntueer hours)

Choose an area that interests you and you will certainly find a non profit organization to support it. Environment, preschoolers, filmmakers, the arts, sports, you name it. Think about what you want to pursue in college or as a first job, and plan the volunteer work around that. Why not make it count for an excellent interview response, as well as getting the mandatory graduation requirement at the same time.

During our junior year of high school, my then boyfriend (now fiancee) and I volunteered at Hope Hospice where his mom was a nurse at the time. If you don't know, Hope Hospice is essentially a nursing home for severally ill people who have less than a year to live. (You know, cancer and things like that.) We filed paperwork for the office, kept the patients company, brought them their dinner trays, answered phones... It was actually a lot of fun. The only down side was that before we started we had to get shots just because we would be exposed to sick people. I hate shots... ha ha