World of Warcraft vs. Lord of the Rings Online?

Hey bbs. =D

Right now I'm debating on whether I will buy WoW or LOTRO. Which is better?

I heard LOTRO has better graphics. But WoW has those kick *** dances, that's awesome.

Oh, and can you mention why you like it better please? xD

Favorite Answer

I tried WoW but I couldn't deal with all the time sinks and grinding and the kiddie cartoonish type graphics.

LotRO's gameplay is not that different, but I like the graphics a good deal better, not as much of a time sink, though there is a bit of grinding. I also like the fact that there is an actual storyline to follow. The crafting is not bad if you are into crafting. There is an expansion coming out in November (Mines of Moria) which is currently in closed beta. Level cap is going to be raised from 50 to 60.

The dancing S-U-X in LotRO. For dancing no other game beats WoW or GW.

'but if you really want an awesome game call of duty 4 its a great game'

That's the most irrelevant thing I've ever heard.

I enjoyed LOTRO, but I had problems running it on my connection, the lag was insane. The community seemed a bit more grown up though. If you have a love for the LOTR universe, it's a good buy. It also seemed a bit quiet.

I'm playing WoW at the moment and enjoying it immensely. The community is huge, and as long as you group well, you should be able to stay away from the kids running around shouting 'GIEF ME GOLD PLZZZ'

I'd go for WoW.

WoW is VERY addicting! Over 10 million people play it. Sooo many things you can do, and they keep adding more everyday! You never get tired of it, with all the expansions coming out. LOTRO I haven't played before sorry lol. But I would prefer WoW because out of all the videogames I have played, WoW is the best.

I play WoW... been playing for a while, tried LOTRO and didn't liked it... My Bf shares my opinion... I like WoW better cause u always have something to do; pvp, dungeons, questing, rep... Youll never get bored... Hope it helps =)

i quit but i loved wow fun game and lots of nice people and the graphics but if you really want an awesome game call of duty 4 its a great game and getting xbox live completes an amazing experience but yeah WOW kicks lothro @SS

WOW is fun and his a great community and challenging quests and many different races

Lord of the Rings Online is my fav

WoW its good to but lotr onlines the best