Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How many people on here never got the talk about sex from their parents?

I am 15 and my parents have never talked or even mentioned sex to me or my cousins (my cousins live w/ me)...Y haven't they said anything?

Y cant Asians have the sex talk?

Favorite Answer

I haven't...and I'm an adult now. I guess they either think I'm disgusting and will be a virgin forever, or they think I'm responsible enough to go without the talk. Or they forgot. Why not ask them if you're concerned?

I was probably about six or seven. I read college level medical books for bed time stories with my grandfather though (fond memories of The Body Book, we stopped that one at the cornea), so I was able to understand things a lot more quickly. I also grew up in a very very open household. Children didn't really wear clothes until they were potty trained since we hardly used diapers, and I do remember being a hippie child, naked in the mud on Earth Day quite a few times. Sex was never taboo, neither was the human body. Your age is a perfect age to start learning about these things though! You're getting to that wonderful age where puberty will take up most of your life and sex will start creeping into your mind. Go talk to your parents! Tell them that you want to know about the birds and the bees and how sex works. It's an uncomfortable topic for most parents, but they'll appreciate that you came to them for information instead of believing what inexperienced friends say or trying to figure it out yourself.

My mom used to talk to me about sex all the time. But mostly told me to watch out because guys have the advantage on this game. If a woman gets pregnant she has to be stuck with the baby and the guy can just leave and move on to someone else.

Yeah, same here. I never go the sex talk and it's probably because I'm Asian. xD;

Maybe they know that you're smart so they don't need to tell you about it? But seriously, I think giving the sex talk is as hard as hearing it. =P

You should be glad you're not getting it, I'd be way to uncomfortable for that stuff. xP

My parents never said a word. I think they thought if we didn't know we wouldn't do it. What a mistake they made.

I now talk with 5 and 7 year olds about everything. Start early and instead of being akward it will be normal.

• john n

Not me, My folks were worried that I was never gonna do it. They subscribed to sexology the magazine. (might be online to)

We had talks all the time I felt almost as qualified as a Gynecologist , I know stuff, that I have never ever seen, or probably wil. I have never had a STD, and im sure that is becauseof their efforts, and the navy.

My parents never gave me the talk either. I figured it all out on my own when I was really young.. my cousin told me. Haha.

They probably think if you want to know anything, you'll approach them. You can't blame them, really... it's probably embarrassing for them to talk about.

haha so i'm 18 and have never had "the sex talk" i've only really gotten "hey wear a condom, and don't do drugs" i can't say that constitutes as "the talk"

never got that talk. wasnt even allowed to mention the word until i moved out.

i've never gotten the sex talk, but that's b/c i'm asian. it's just too weird.